Alleyns school noise again

mlteenie

Am I the only person annoyed that the builders at Alleyns are still driving their diggers around at this time of night?

If not, call the council on 020 7525 5777

This is not the first time as many will know. Contractors no doubt being harassed to finish by Monday. Taking the piss!

• 7 months later...

Alleyns continues its caring approach to local residents. In advance of the new temporary classrooms located in the car park on Hillsboro Road, construction work has commenced twice this week at 7.20. Then with a digger, this morning with a grab truck.

For the information of others, legal construction hours for noisy machinery in Southwark are between 8-6 Mon-Fri, 8-1 Sat and none on a Sunday. If in doubt, call the council.

Strange how ineffective Southwark's interaction seems to be...

It's not just Alleyn's- it's all the construction work going on. The workmen are turning up at 7.30 ish everywhere- I expect it is because they are trying to miss the rush hour to get on site....I wouldn't think that many of them could afford to live near their place of work. The workmen doing the conversion next door to me turned up at 7am.

Just keep telling the council. Reports should be logged. Also use Twitter. I received an apology from @alleynsschool the first time but surprise surprise, no effective action. I know the workers are only trying to do their job, but so are we: reporting illegal practice!