Stomach Upsets

Strangest discussion I have started (I think) but I am looking for confirmation of any 'lurgy' going around at the moment

I (and a couple of my friends) have suffered all over the weekend with increased flactulance, loose movements (stomach not limbs) all proceeded by 2 days of tight stomaches (feeling full and like a drum) in the middle of last week.

Now I could go to my Doctor, but it appears to be mild and not serious enough to worry about, but I am curious to know if there is anything going around 'gastric' wise at the moment...

Is anyone else (or recently has) suffering from similar symptons or is this a strangely unique thing to me and my friends (for reference none of us ate or drank the same things last week at all)

Curious of Peckham borders

Yes LuvPeckham it describes the symptoms I have suffered with over the weekend.

Today I spent most of the day drinking water, and have had a couple of plums off the tree.

I feel less distended but still rather sensitive around the gut.

I hope we improve, soonest.

Yeah, I have to say I have been feeling somewhat ropey, today mainly.

And the weirdest thing was I read my horoscope and it actually said I would have "eliminatary" problems this week!

Now I know you may think I'm being sarcastic and taking the Schmichael, but I promise I am serious. It stuck in my head, because I was reading and I thought, what a bloody strange thing to put in a horoscope? And it told me to drink lots and lots of water!?! Doesn't Septic Peg and her ilk usually stick to money, love and luck. I don't really even take much notice... yet it seems to have come true.

Maybe the astrologist is a resident EDF-er :))

Was it you Monica? ;-):))

LuvPeckham - that describes how I have felt for the past couple of days to the tee. I have been a bit stressed so put the distended stomach (looks like I am about 7 months pregnant) down to that - but 'movements' I've had are exactly as described, and hot water bottle was needed yesterday.

I will go out now and get some live yoghurt to see if that helps.

I have had exactly the same symptoms last week and all over the weekend - my stomach is still so swollen. I also wondered about going to the doctors as I have now had it for 5 days - think I will wait another few days and see if it gets any better. Whatever it is its not nice!

Hope you all get better soon! x

I feel better today, although as I was due to go to a food production factory for the day, I decided that it was better to postpone that meeting and took the day off to rest

Have also discoverd that Home made (thick) lentil and bacon soup seems to have helped (is a bizare way) as does staying away from yeast products for 24 hours (bread...)

It seems to last between 5 and 7 days and when the bloating goes down (I was 12 months pregenant I fear) you actually will feel slightly lighter

Hope everyone who has this feels better soon and no one else gets it as it is a (wait for the pun) Pain in the rear !!!

Has anyone else been vomiting with this bug?

I blame the kids, they go on school holidays and give it to their parents, who then give to their work-collegues. At least when term starts they'll just pass it on to one another.

I've said t before on the other thread, spending to much time with kids is never a good idea. >:D<