Where has Lordship Lane/Wood Vale bus shelter gone?

hertburs

It happened in the early hours of Friday morning. According to a woman who lives opposite, a car came down the hill too fast, mounted the pavement, smashed into the railings (you can see the chunk out of the stone as well as the railings being bent back) and ended up in the bus stop - after wiping out the bin and the bus stop. Emergency services were there until 6am and the pavement etc was patched up. As there's been little news about it, I'm hoping that any injuries were minor. Lucky there was no-one standing at the bus stop!

Hi

I live in the Highwood close estate right by where the bust stop used to be. As far as I know its pretty much as Applespider stated. Speeding driver lost control. Really lucky no one was waiting at the stop....The sound of the smash was unbelievable, woke up the whole estate!

That stretch of the road is really dangerous. So many speeding cars that aren't expecting a build up of traffic from the large number of lane changes ahead (due to road splitting to East Dulwich or Dulwich Park) or the lights from the pedestrian crossing.

Ive been asking the MP to try and make it safer (perhaps a speed camera) but to no avail so far......

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know whom you contact at TFL to find out what is going on with the replacement of this bus shelter that was completely removed following a road accident? At the moment there is just a temporary "lollipop" bus stop. It would help if TFL were to put up a notice explaining what their intentions are.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying hard to get a response from TFL about what their intentions are in terms of replacing the bus shelter removed following a traffic accident several weeks ago.

I have now received this reply

"Thanks for your further email of 3 December about a bus stop on Lordship Lane.

There should be construction underway already. Works are scheduled to be finished by 23 December.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us. Please contact us again if you need any further assistance, or if you would prefer to talk to us about this matter, please call us on 0343 222 1234"

Some progress seems to have been made but there is no sign of construction at the moment despite what they say!

• 1 month later...

Just received the following from TFL about the replacement of this bus shelter which was removed following an accident in November. How can it take 3-4 months to replace something that was previously there. Surely TFL have stocks of these things as it cannot be a unique event. Meanwhile we all get wet and cold!

"Thank you for your further email of 8 January about the bus shelter on Lordship Lane. I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch.

I have looked into this for you. The Bus Infrastructure Team has confirmed it takes between 12 and 16 weeks for a bus shelter to be replaced after an accident so the shelter should be installed by the end of March. Please accept my apologies for the incorrect information you received in our previous correspondence.

Thanks again for contacting us. Please contact me again if you need any further assistance, or, if you would prefer to talk to us about this matter, please call us on 0343 222 1234"