Landrover owners beware (car broken into)

AJenk1

Hi, this morning at 3am my car was broken into...I woke because I heard a bang & thought it was a window being smashed & saw 2 scooters with 3 men speed away. I went down to my car expecting to find a broken window but only an open door. Fortunately I don't keep anything in my car but the concern is that they could have driven it away as they had a master key which overrides the locking system. I informed the Police & they popped round for a look & informed me that they've had a lot of reports of Landrovers being broken into & advised us to go back to the old fashioned steering lock. Feel quite fortunate to still have a car this morning & don't want anyone else to get a nasty shock. The Police were great & asked if you see anything suspicious please call 101.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. A couple of weeks back, a group of the same description (3 men/ 2 scooters) attempted to steal my husbands' motorbike in the middle of the night (they had no chance as it was triple locked, but they did manage to do some damage trying to get one lock off - not the cleverest bunch!). Anyway, he heard them and managed to scare them off. Steering lock is a good tip - will look into it.