Little Joke Shop in 1960s East Dulwich

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone here can remember a little Joke Shop in East Dulwich (think it might've been on Lordship Lane?) that was operating in the early 1960s... I was at school then in Dulwich (circa 1961 / 66) and used to spend much of my spare pocket money down there on scary latex masks and fake spiders to terrify my family. I remember the store being run by an old lady...

Yup, iirc it was painted yellow and had a clown's face over the door. Think it stayed closed for a while, re-opened as something else, then turned into Strans, which was a great place to have a haircut until he won so many awards his prices shot up.

I remember that shop, wasn't that also on North Cross Road? Guy with a beard ran it, used to have archaeological stuff like arrow heads, etc as well as the Military gear?

There must have been a different joke shop on Grove Vale as the one I remember in 1980 was the one on North Cross Road..

Many thanks, all of you. Yes it does seem like we are talking two different joke shops here. I'm pretty sure that "Rogers the joke shop" (which definitely rings a distant bell) had ceased trading by the time I'd left school (1966) ~ so Grove Vale (now the bakery) is the one ~ and the military stuff & the guy with a beard would be a different shop on North Cross Road (particularly if it was still going in the 1980s). Many thanks for all the feedback ~ brilliant ~ if anyone unearths any old images of "Rogers the Joke Shop" from the sixties, that would be the unholy grail. Thanks again...

Yes the military memorabilia shop in North Cross Road was to the left of the fish & chip shop almost directly opposite the Actress (in those days the Uplands Tavern). It was converted to a house or flats some years ago. I seem to remember they had some pretty unpleasant Nazi stuff in there such as medals and other regalia. All a bit creepy. That was probably around 1975?