Strange Behaviour - Plough Area

JimH

I was curious about a local character in the neighbourhood and have done a search on him on this forum to see if there were any comments and surprised no one has mentioned him. There is a guy with a very long wig, who hangs around the top of Lordship Lane (Plough area). He seems to wear a very long wig in a ponytail and hangs around the bank machine up there. The suspicious part is that he seems to go to the bank machine several times in a short space of time which I always find peculiar. I would be sitting outside the Plough and see him come from the Woodwarde road direction a few times to use the machine. I have seen him be jumped on by undercover police but was not sure if he was actually caught with anything. I have never had any issues with that machine and he may be innocent but I do find his behaviour peculiar. Anyone else know who this is!?

I see this guy a lot waiting and getting on buses . He looks eccentric with the hair but apart from that he just goes quietly about his business . Never seen any peculiar behaviour .

Guess the "undercover" police weren't very discreet or protecting their cover .I hope they were police and not impersonaters persecuting a vulnerable member of the public .

I've seen him a lot too at the same place but usually outside the plough . He has a dark wig and a blonde and I believe he is harmless . I remember seeing him outside Peckham rye cafe with a group of people enjoying a cuppa . Just one of Dulwichs colourful characters !

Yes I see him a lot. Sometimes even in fancy dress. He was in a cleopatra like outfit at the plough bus stop last time I saw him. He is pretty harmless, can occasionally be a nuisance when he is waving a can of lager about, but nothing to worry about. My toddler and I usually give him a wave.

JimH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was ...... surprised no one has mentioned him.

Unnerving. We should all be able to go out our day without worry the locals are gossiping about us on the forum.

I am spending my day in Brixton, where no one bats an eye.

From what you have described it sounds like you witnessed this man being mugged rather than set upon by 'undercover' police officers. His frequent returns to the same spot could be his way of coming to terms with his ordeal. I think you should leave the poor man alone.

I am personally more concerned about those who spend their afternoon sitting in a pub making judgements about the local populace.

Afternoon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am personally more concerned about those who

> spend their afternoon sitting in a pub making

> judgements about the local populace.

Indeed. Or perhaps those making judgments responding to questions on an internet forum.

Not sure it's a judgement about most people in East Dulwich looking odd bur more like an observation Lost of them do look odd - blokes in skinny jeans with bears and man bags and the girls not much different. Lots of vegans and vegetarians as well so it seems. God the farting must be awful

Still that's what you get in London when all the rich people move in

Hahah I love this forum and people getting on their high horses when they want to with no sense of irony!! I was not commenting on the fact that he was suspicious because of his dress sense. The way he dresses is valid in my comments above to highlight as it is distinctive and anyone who had seen him before would automatically recognise who I was talking about. I could not give a hoot how others dress to be honest. The suspicious part was the fact that he lingers round the Lloyds bank machine, seemingly on the phone, and appears to make a number of withdrawals within a very short space of time. This suspicion has been compounded with the fact that I have seen him stopped by undercover cops (I am pretty sure they were legit as they had badges and seemed professional enough and there was a police car in the vicinity).