Dog mess all over Amott, Gowlett and Keston roads

We have little choice on the matter...

There are many responsible dog owners who do pick up their dogs mess.. But some who just do not care...

Some while back just inside the gate to Dulwich Park. Opposite Eynella Road I saw a dog pooing on the grass.

I called the owner who had walked on ignoring her dog and said..

"Excuse me, your dog has just pooed on the grass.. "

She replied "He's got to go somewhere, ain't he.."

I asked her "Are you going to pick it up ?"

And she replied "You F***ing pick it up!"

Charming Eh.

Sorry about the language but they were here words... She was not a young person..

What can you do.. ?

DulwichFox

It is really bad on and around Ondine road too at the moment. It's infuriating but as others have said, realistically what can be done?

And it's highly unlikely that the people who are letting their dogs poo everywhere are reading this forum because generally to do so, it means you have some sort of interest in the area you live in and what those around you think, feel and have to say about local matters and clearly these scum bags don't have any of that.

I wonder if they care about the little boy who's mum had to drag him out of the classroom the other morning in front of all of his friends and try to clean his shoes before he could go back in? Doubt it.

Cedges Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I will be spending this evening scraping of my

> boots bright orange poo trod on outside Franco

> Manca yesterday.

>

> I'm grossed out and also concerned what someone is

> feeding their dog to produce turds of that

> colour.

>

> Bleugh!

Are you sure it wasn't posh cheese on toast?!

The only reason people think there are more doggy turds than usual is because the leaves have been swept up/blown away. Be careful what you wish for.

When you cant see it its not there. Until little Rupert discovers the joy of autumnal leaf diving.

Well I have three shoes and bikes to clean thanks to the ignorant sh**s who let their dogs poo in Peckham Rye Park. Boy if I could catch them and rub their noses in it(the owners that is) it would make my day!

Yes they won't be reading this thread but it sure feels good to rant.

first mate Wrote:

> I recently came across a builder/white van man who

> was pissing in the street. Nice.

>

> HP Saucey. I imagine you are objecting to dog

> owners in PRP failing to bag up, rather than the

> fact that dogs go in the park?

Absolutely : I like dogs ... Dogs need parks... Dogs need to run... Dogs need to poo... Owners need to clean up that poo.

Got angry with a woman this morning after school drop off, when she let her dog c**p on the grass verge of a mainroad used by loads of kids. Asked her if she was going to pick it up ... offered her a bag to use. No response. Offered to smear it over her front door to see how she liked cleaning it up (childish). Followed her to shop and told her that people like her were the reason I'd spent an hour yesterday cleaning shoes. She said she'd cleaned another bit up since and would go and do it 'MADAM'...

I'm not proud of getting so angry with her and its probably not the right way to get someone to try and see your point of view, but it was a bit raw still with another shoe and some bike wheels to do later.

Growlybear Wrote:

> I find threads like this totally baffling. Are

> there not rather more important things in life

> than slagging people off who don't clear up dog

> poo? Yes, it's horrible if you tread in it, but

> it's hardly the end of the world having to clean

> your shoes!

If you feel that way please feel free to come and sort my multiple pairs out. Of course there are more important things' but that doesn't make this one unimportant. For me personally, its helpful to rant on a local forum about a local issue.

Growlybear: There are endless threads about dog poo and yes it's annoying, especially as others have said - the owners of those poos probably don't read forums like this and certainly don't care anyway. But not half as annoying as having to clean it off your shoe. I always secretly hope the perps tread in some (unnoticed) then walk it all over their shag-pile.

It's a pain and it is likely to continue being a pain, though perhaps not as much if more is done to challenge the perpetrators.

Ask the council to spray "Bag it and bin it" signs on the pavement and/or attach signs to lamp posts etc. Also, ring the enviro line (020 7525 2000) to report it and to ask for the bins to be emptied before they fill up and thereby deter owners from doing the right thing.

There will always be rude, inconsiderate people so don't expect the problem to disappear. Instead, ask yourself what you could do to make it better and be content with that.

How about you look where you are going and don't step in it? How about you don't break park rules and ride bikes on grass in the park? How about taking responsibilty for yourselves? Anyway, are not the roads mentioned above in SE15.

Grok I think that is rather unfair. It is the responsibility of the dog owner to pick up the poo. How many children have trodden in this stuff? how many buggies/scooters/trikes have not spotted the offending mess until too late? What about those people who are blind or partially sighted?

Also, the grass is often long so you cannot see poo until you are upon it. I don't think you can blame the people who have the misfortune to tread in it. I am pretty sure they are not doing so to get sympathy.

Grok you think my 4 year old should have to run about on the park dodging dog muck do you?

And Growlybear - of course there are many, many more important things to discuss but this is a local forum for chatting about local issues that annoy us. Get it?? How about you pop on to the For Sale section and pick on someone there, maybe ask if there are not more important things to do than selling an old toaster for a fiver?

Dog mess is a real problem all over East Dulwich and surrounding areas and I've definitely noticed it getting worse. There was talk of Dog Licensing in some (one particular?) areas, again, recently wasn't there?

Sally81 Wrote:

> Grok you think my 4 year old should have to run

> about on the park dodging dog muck do you?

> And Growlybear - of course there are many, many

> more important things to discuss but this is a

> local forum for chatting about local issues that

> annoy us. Get it?? How about you pop on to the For

> Sale section and pick on someone there, maybe ask

> if there are not more important things to do than

> selling an old toaster for a fiver?

>

> Dog mess is a real problem all over East Dulwich

> and surrounding areas and I've definitely noticed

> it getting worse. There was talk of Dog Licensing

> in some (one particular?) areas, again, recently

> wasn't there?

Yes, I am aware that this is a local forum where people are free to express their views. You and others clearly get quite irritated by dog poo, but surely I also have the right to make a comment on the subject? I think your somewhat snide remark is rather uncalled for. I really haven't noticed any increase in the amount of dog poo on the pavements in my local area, but I have to say that I don't generally find it too difficult to avoid.