DHFC noise disturbance, evening match

beagle1

Anyine else bothered by by the noise emanating from evening matches at Dulwich Hamlet Football Club? My kids were kept awake last night by the relentless drumming that accompanied last night's match (way past 9pm) even though we live half a mile away and had the windows shut. Must have been even worse for people living closer to the stadium. Is DHFC governed by any rules to curb noise, given that the stadium is in a residential area?

Hilarious suggestion that the drumming coinciding with last night's match came from anywhere but the stadium. Drumming carries! And children need to sleep. For the record, even my husband, a die-hard football fan and DHFC sympathiser, feels that drumming at evening matches is out of order. Disappointing but predictable attempt to shut down any discussion of a legitimate issue, at a time when it is proposed to enlarge the stadium.

I can assure you there were NO drums, I'm supervising steward at DHFC so know exactly what was going on, also game finished at 2140 so not well beyond 2100. As for residential, the local housing were built AFTER the stadium so any complaints aren't viable. Noise is allowed up until 2300 then we would clamp down but as the ground is empty by 2200 not an issue, morally nor legally.

You'll be pleased to know that there are no evening games until January, sleep well.

beagle1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hilarious suggestion that the drumming coinciding with last night's match came from anywhere but the

> stadium.

So... in other words you are guessing and dismissing the point of someone who was actually at the match who said there was no drumming.

And you wonder why no one will take you seriously.

Bluerevolution Wrote:

> I can assure you there were NO drums, I'm

> supervising steward at DHFC so know exactly what

> was going on, also game finished at 2140 so not

> well beyond 2100. As for residential, the local

> housing were built AFTER the stadium so any

> complaints aren't viable. Noise is allowed up

> until 2300 then we would clamp down but as the

> ground is empty by 2200 not an issue, morally nor

> legally.

> You'll be pleased to know that there are no

> evening games until January, sleep well.

Post of the Year!

One Saturday afternoon last season I had a nasty hangover and found myself stood right next to a lad with a drum, who hit it with relish throughout. Now whilst I would have happily stabbed him that afternoon, there is no way that the noise would have carried half a mile and through closed windows.

Haven't seen a drum there since.

Otta Wrote:

> http://www.urban75.net/

I think I just upset the Most Easily Offended person to ever step foot into East Dulwich.

Made all the more funnier by their own profile description: "Definitely NOT a "5 minute clueless c***"". If the clocks on both sites are correct, it actually took 13 minutes.