Mail not pushed fully through letterbox..

DulwichFox

Last week 10/12/15 I found my Mail sticking out of my letter box.. easily retrievable by any opportunist passer-by.

I went to the Sorting Office on Silvester Rd. and they told me to report it on 03457 740 740.

I did this and got a Ref. No and a reassurance it would be reported back to the Silvester Rd. Office for someone

to have a word with the postie on duty that day. I emphasised I did not want to get anyone into trouble as they

may be a temporary postie being Xmas time. I was told that no one was going to get into trouble..

I was told the matter would be resolved in 72 hours.

Today the same thing happened.. My mail once again hanging out of my letter box...

I have re-reported this and now the matter will be taken more seriously and I will this time receive

confirmation of the outcome of these incidents.

2-3 months ago my I.D. was compromised possible by having my Mail intercepted...

There was a thread recently about people experiencing lost/missing mail..

If you have had any problems. Please call 03457 740 740 and report it..

DulwichFox

I have been having the same problem for months with the addition of cards mixed with letters

being folded in half and sticking out of the letter box. I waited for the postman when birthday cards

were ruined and he replied "what do expect me to do, put them through one at a time"

I have complained to our sorting office in

Peckham when I received a card folded in half which was no bigger than a post card. We now have a

different postman and it is much better, which proves it can be done.

If you haven't done so already Foxy, speak to your neighbours (and not just those next door). Deliverers of post/leaflets etc. are often under a lot of pressure to get through their rounds. Where I live, we automatically push exposed stuff through each others' letter boxes. Ditto putting back wheely bins or taking in directories/parcels left on doorsteps. One of my neighbours once trimmed my lawn whilst I was on holiday!

rabbitears Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can you adjust the spring on your letterbox so

> stuff falls through easier?

It's a large letter box which easily accommodates an A4 envelope without bending..

Pizza leaflet distributers have no problems with their flimsy leaflets..

There should be no problems with standard envelopes..

It's probably Xmas temporaries who have not received adequate training or just don't care..

Foxy..

Speaking of having ID compromised, I get a fair amount of addressed mail which I know is junk (well junk to me). I usually open it, tear off my name and address and put in in the recycling. This is a pain. Is it really necessary, as I'm sure my name and address could be found in public records if someone could be bothered?

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Speaking of having ID compromised, I get a fair

> amount of addressed mail which I know is junk

> (well junk to me). I usually open it, tear off my

> name and address and put in in the recycling. This

> is a pain. Is it really necessary, as I'm sure my

> name and address could be found in public records

> if someone could be bothered?

I do the same, and I wonder the same ......

• 3 weeks later...