Private Eye's architecture column on East Dulwich

Not sure if anyone saw it, but in the last issue of Private Eye the architecture correspondant, Piloti, had a few disaproving words against the knocking down of "Friern Road" school which I can only imagine is the wreck on the site of the new proposed boys school.

In this weeks isssue he goes on to berrate Lewisham council for their vaccilation over the future of Forest Hill Pools (the oldest swimming pool in London apparently) and compares it with our own councils positive attitude towards rennovating ED baths (has this been started yet?)

Is Piloti a local? Does he read the forum?

I haven't read the article you refer to but I know that Piloti is the pseudonym for Gavin Stamp, a well-known architectural historian and teacher. He has very strong views (although I don't always agree with them...my claim to fame is that I was named in his column on Private Eye last year - yes, I work in architecture - and although his were not exactly kind words, I was quite flattered to have somewhat stirred his attention...:))

Info on Gavin can be found here, I do not know if he lives locally or reads the forum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Stamp