Weird knock on door

So someone came about 10 minutes ago saying he was from the national statistic organisation. He showed me a badge but I didn't get to see it as it was dark outside. He asked me if there was 8 flats in the building and I said yes there was. My baby stated to cry ao I said I said I had to go and he said he would come back another time. Has anyone else been bothered by this person? I live on east dulwich grove.

In general market researchers are asked not to research after 9:00pm (this was before). If you are researching working people there is thus a small window (perhaps 2.5 to 3 hours) when you might hope to catch people in. The initial question asked wasn't unreasonable, possibly to check he was in the right type of property for his research. From what you reported as occurring this is not something you should necessarily be worrying about.

Tlkamk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 2 men knocked on my door this morning but I didn't answer wearing a high viz - walked away but

> thought it was odd as no calling card was left. 1 short and 1 tall, also live on EDG and found it a

> bit odd.

That could have been a courier delivery. Quite often they knock on neighbour's doors looking for someone in who will take the package.

We were contacted and interviewed for a National Statistics Survey around this time last year. If you are randomly selected they do have to go to lengths to try and contact you, and our interviewer did come round quite late one night as it was the only time we were in (having left several notes for us). That said, our interviewer had our full names and address from the electoral roll, so if the guy at your door didn't have these details, I wouldn't take him at face value without more ID.

Tlkamk Wrote:

> 2 men knocked on my door this morning but I didn't

> answer wearing a high viz - walked away but

> thought it was odd as no calling card was left. 1

> short and 1 tall, also live on EDG and found it a

> bit odd.

If you didn't answer wearing a high viz, what were you wearing?

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) do perform and commission personal household surveys: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/about-ons/get-involved/taking-part-in-a-survey/information-for-households/about-ons-households-and-individuals-surveys/index.html. I'd just be wary of people hijacking the 'National Statistics' term for some commercial survey or other purpose.

phobic3000 Wrote:

> Tlkamk Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > 2 men knocked on my door this morning but I

> didn't

> > answer wearing a high viz - walked away but

> > thought it was odd as no calling card was left.

> 1

> > short and 1 tall, also live on EDG and found it

> a

> > bit odd.

>

>

> If you didn't answer wearing a high viz, what were

> you wearing?

Thank you phobic3000. 😀