FYI Cherry Tree not child friendly (after 7.30pm)

eliz01

Just as an FYI The Cherry Tree is no longer a child friendly pub. My sleeping baby was recently kicked out of the restaurant. I understand not wanting toddlers running around the bar, but if the restaurant is to survive, especially in this area, I think well behaved children should be allowed in the restaurant if parents are having a meal and they aren?t disturbing other guests. As a side, the food isn?t good enough to get a babysitter for, so we probably will never return. Good luck!

Sleeping babies tend to wake up .. and when they do they tend to let it be known that they too are hungry

or need changing..

People who may not get the chance to get out much and may of paid a baby sitter to have a rare night off, away from kids need some reassurance that they can enjoy a nice meal and a drink in peaceful surroundings..

I think it I reasonable that 19.00 is the cut off for kids in bars. These days parents have all day/afternoon

to have a family meal together. Like a 7 hour time slot..

DulwichFox

So the Headline is actually. The Cherry Tree Pub is adults only at night but welcomes families during the daytime.

I am upset because I should be an exception to this stated, and common practice, rule. My solution is to try and hurt this new local business with a misleading headline on a local forum.

the Cherry Tree is indeed child friendly. However, post 19.00 children and babies should by rights be abed. This is the time when grown ups want to come out to play.

As DF so correctly opined, sleeping babies awake and demand, usually vocally.

You are out gunned I am afraid, and identified yourself as unreasonable, entitled, selfish. There is an etiquette to life in ED which you would do well to

consider, abide by and adhere to. And not attempt to ruin the still building reputation of a local establishment happy to welcome well behaved little ones for lunch.

Eliz01 are you saying that you were in the middle of dinner, having arrived earlier than 7pm then as you are, you were told the baby wasn't supposed to be there post 7pm? I can understand how that would be really annoying for you, but surely they didn't quite 'kick you out'?

I have been to the Cherry tree 3 times now with my kids and they are perfectly accepting of children. We even did sit in the bar area on New Years Day with friends and there was no problem.

I think all pubs around here, despite serving food, don't allow kids after 7pm

And I agree that is pretty reasonable. Sometimes when you have a young baby it will of course sleep in the buggy and you could feasibly sit and enjoy a meal but a rule is a rule and I think it's fair enough for it to be there.

This all comes down to how you were told about the 7pm rule really, but if it was a polite reminder it is just them doing their job.

We were there today for Sunday lunch, kid included, and saw nothing but a very well run, organised, happy and child welcoming (without being utterly child rammed) pub serving decent food with good service at reasonable prices.

I agree with the 7pm rule, it's fair enough and standard in pretty much every pub based restaurant in the area from what I've seen.

Places like GBK, curry houses etc (restaurants, not pubs) are fine with kids/babies being there in the evenings.

We love kids at the cherry tree and always make a fuss. They're part of us aren't they?

We have a 'no children' after 7.30pm policy.

Has anyone been before 7.30pm when children are permitted and can say The Cherry Tree isn't child friendly?

What do you all think about children in pubs at night? A pub is a pub....

I was in the cherry tree on Sunday 3rd and saw an appalling family sitting at a table by the bar area. their children certainly weren't asleep. they were running riot. one of the adults actually took a picture of said kids clambering over the bar stools oblivious to the fact this was seriously pissing everyone else off.

Sorry to hear of your experience eliz01, I think would have let a sleeping baby stay but do generally agree with the no kids after 7 rule.