Road Works on Lordship Lane?

eater81

Anybody know what the hell they are doing on Lordship Lane??? When will it all be finished?????

And why they need to start at 8'o clock in the morning when most decent people are still asleep?????

With that and the late night noise due to pissheads in all the various bars its become impossible for me to get a decent night's sleep in my own home.

Most decent people are on their way to being up, dressed and preparing for their daily business at 8am. Many decent people are already at work.

By the sound of it, that's quite a sensible time to start. Daylight ensured and they're likely to finish earlier in the day so that by the time the majority of people come back from work the noisy stuff is finished and they can put their children to sleep.

: P

In my opinion, 9 would be a good time to start. They could still do a day's work and be finished before most people got home from work. Not everybody is up at 8am, I don't start work til half nine for example, so generally get up at about 8:45. There are also many doctor's, nurses, shift workers, etc who don't work to a 9-5 schedule. Are they not decent people too?

the bastards- how dare they take CAR PARKING spaces away from the Opressed motorist in their unending quest to " provide utility supply improvements for the community"

I drove the 200M to LL this AM and it took me 40 minuts of driving around to find a space

stealth tax etc

Bob, that photo unrelated to the road works on LL, which in my opinion have been going on for too long possibly as a result of what chap who runs the card shop describes as the gentlemen labourers' desultory approach to their work (I'm summarising), is awful.

The contractor doing the work wants to get paid for eight weeks on the job, when everyone knows it could be done in four if everybody pulled their fingers out.

The result? Half a dozen men, standing around a half-dug hole in the road, smoking roll-ups at looking at page 3.

There seem to be gas mains being replaced all over London.

My theory is that it's related to a fairly recent gas explosion in a house which killed a guy, and which I think was due to a leaking gas main.

Not long ago, you could smell gas in various streets around London.

I guess they don't want a repetition (and don't want to have to pay out loads of dosh in compensation to the grieving relatives?)

Just a guess ....

Can someone tell me what a 'decent' person is? As opposed to, say, an indecent person?

Paula McFadden: I thought you said you were decent.

Elliot Garfield: I am decent. I also happen to be naked.

Neil Simon - The Goodbye Girl

Dear *Bob*

I think I am missing the plot a little, can you explain what half a hole is please. I thought a hole was a hole.

(One of our quiz questions was 'If it takes three men three days to dig a hole, how long will it take one man, one day to dig half a hole?' . Every body would write down one day Ha Ha!

Regards,

Libra Carr.

We had Thames Water digging up Ivydale Road for about 9 months and half the road was blocked off to traffic so buses and other vehicles had to turn down the side road. If you were a few minutes late home from work, you had no chance of parking on Ivydale, most of the time I had to park on one of the few remaining side roads. I thought it was all over until recently when they blocked off the road AGAIN whilst they dug up and resurfaced the road AGAIN.

It was all quite entertaining as buses confronted other buses and cars contronted cars and lorries coming round the corner, we witnessed many a stand-off.