Van taking up parking spaces in shopping parade

icicle

Does anyone know who's camper van that is that's been parked outside Beauty Plus on Forest Hill Road for at least the last 4 months? Wouldn't really matter if it was in a residential road but it's taking up parking space for shoppers and also people who need to use the surgery opposite. It's got lots of animal stencils on the back, can't miss it really.

It's been there since just after Christmas - prior to that it was located about 300 yards up the road, not in controlled parking like it is now. It has CZ plates from memory. It is a bit of pain being parked near the junction as the buses have to pull out a bit to go round it. I also don't understand why it isn't being ticketed as it seems pretty clearly in the area where you only have a certain time to park. Maybe the owner has left a note on it?

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's actually been there so long, it appears on

> Streetview:

>

> 01,3a,75y,15.55h,80.64t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snArw7F

> cSZaVP40f9Jwdl4w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

At one time my car was on street view outside my mums house even though it had only been parked outside for 20 minutes when I dropped her off from shopping. My mum, myself and a neighbour were talking in the garden..

DulwichFox

Southwark told me this morning that unless these vehicles are in a CPZ it's not their problem. I have emailed the Mayor's office to ask for advice. I suspect though that, under current traffic laws, unless the vehicles are untaxed or uninsured they probably cannot be removed. Tough on parents taking their kids to the playground or doing some shopping, but there we are.

I think no MOT is just a fine, not grounds for towing. But as someone has just posted that it is owned by someone living nearby, why not have a chat with them? This ploy to try and get their vehicle taken from them just because they are parked (legally) somewhere someone isn't happy with, is wrong.