East Dulwich Village!

Rivel

Rivel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I heard an Australian the other day telling their

> friend that they lived in East Dulwich Village! I

> love it. Does that add value to my property living

> in East Dulwich Village!

Not at all, because you live too close to Bellenden village which is far posher (according to those who live there) then down to earth and common old East Dulwich

I agree with Kel go away posh people and leave ED to those who have been here for more than 10 years (Kel does 11 years count ? )

I saw East Dulwich described as East Dulwich Village years ago, before gentrification started.

I think the agent was hoping people would think it was like Dulwich Village, which at the time was definitely more desirable.

It made me laugh. A lot.

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

> Hmmm, every village has an idiot. Any suggestions?

> ;-)

The very essence of a Village is that it is isolated and everyone that lives there knows everyone else.

That could never be said of East Dulwich..

East Dulwich is not isolated but many people that live there feel isolated in themselves.

Just visit any East Dulwich pub most nights, you will be spoilt for choice as far as Idiots go..

DulwichFox

Peckahm is far cooler now, you would probably hear people say they live there rather than ED ;)

I remember listening to a comedy show on radio 4 whiles driving, about 10 yrs ago where there was a sketch about an estate agent using agent speak to big up properties in less desirable areas. He mentioned East Dulwich, to which a client replied, " don't you mean Peckham ?"

How things change :)

We've just moved to Copleston Road (not from far away, from Ruskin Park House on Denmark Hill) and are loving the area, but there seems to be some confusion from the Post Office and estate agents as to whether we're Peckham Rye or East Dulwich (ED being the nearest station but PR being not far away either). A friend suggested we style ourselves East Peckwitch, which I rather like for its Dickensian sonority.

Jeremy Wrote:

> rendelharris - ignore edhistory... he's always

> doing this.

I think edhistory's question was fair enough. I didn't know what "technically in Peckham" meant either!

Jeremy Wrote:

> It's in Peckham.

Yes, but it's about how Peckham is defined, isn't it?

There have been similar discussions on here in the past about what exactly is East Dulwich, if memory serves?