Cat owners, be alert.

singalto

They are not being taken from inside the properties as far as I am aware but they are often being dropped back so the owners find them. What the police fail to realise is that this is often how psychopathic murderers begin - with small animals. As horrific as it is already for the cats and their owners, we could be looking at something far more sinister so it really needs to be taken very seriously. The latest news a few weeks ago was he/she had moved onto dogs and even a fox.

"What the police fail to realise is that this is often how psychopathic murderers begin"

You honestly think the police don't know this? Even Martin Clunes knows this:

"Research in psychology and criminology shows that people who commit acts of cruelty to animals don't stop there - many of them move on to their fellow humans. That is a scary thought indeed," Clunes added.

Hope they catch this person soon.

According to an article in the Guardian today "Anyone with information is asked call police on 101, the RSPCA on 0300 123 8018, or Crimestoppers anonymously. Those who find an animal in the area that has been attacked can call Snarl on 07957 830490".

Its so scary that someone so deranged has been walking around the area. I live very close to the streets in question and while I'm afraid for my cats, I'm also afraid for myself. This person is potentially going to escalate to human beings at some point so I hope the police are throwing a lot of resources at tracking him or her down.

On my way to work on Friday morning I saw a cat in my neighbour's front garden in Silvester Road. It looked like the poor thing was bearing the same injuries as you described singalto. I reported it to the RSCPA and an officer was sent over within a couple of hours. What a horrible thing for the owner to wake up to. I really hope they catch this person soon - absolutely horrific!

Very concerning as a cat owner in the exact area we're talking about. Without wishing to scaremonger, it does feel though that all cat owners in the area need to be made aware so they can keep their cats in. I'd also like some more information about how this is happening (e.g. just at night? only on the street, or is this person getting into back gardens? etc) and what the current police response is.

I have absolutely no idea how to do all this, but I'd be very happy to help if someone else has. Is this one for Safer Neighbourhoods? Leafleting? A public meeting? The council?