Public meeting on Trains, this Thursday; consultation closing Friday

I've been getting complaints about the Thameslink Rail Service from Nunhead/Peckham Rye/Denmark Hill for some time. Issues raised include unreliability, infrequency and most prominently insufficient capacity. I know that people are being left standing at Nunhead and Peckham Rye in the Morning and Denmark Hill in the evening on a daily basis. These three stations have seen an over 300% increase in passenger numbers over the last decade. I know that the residents at Crofton Park are also badly affected and I attended and spoke at a meeting there last month. When I've used these trains at different times of day they seem to be very busy all the time! Some residents feel unsafe on the overcrowded trains and have turned to alternatives such as the 63 bus instead. If you haven't picked up on it to let you know there is a public meeting this Thursday 17th March @ 7pm in the Rye Chapel Hall on Rye Lane, close to Peckham Rye Station and next door to Clarks. Please come along!

As well as your experience of the Thameslink service, the items to be discussed will be:-

Ticket Office Closures

Ticket Machines

Potential New Station to Serve Camberwell

Interchanges

Disability Access

Station Skipping (have you ended up miles from your destination due to this?)

The flyer for this is attached, please come along.

Also, there is a consultation being done by TFL about the London rail service, anyone wishing to provide feedback on the proposals should email [email protected] by 18 March 2016, this Friday!

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-01/21/tfl-london-suburban-railway-proposal

Renata

Hi Penguin, I have asked them! (and Network Rail). I'm about to email them again as I haven't had a response. The contract for the Thameslink service isn't up for renewal until 2021 ( they are the worst performing service in the Country and the Overground is the second top). The issue with this is that more trains are required now and by then the slots at Blackfriars will have been filled up!

thanks Renata

PS is there anyone out there with a mobile PA system that I could borrow for this meeting?(the one at the Rye Chapel isn't working).

Hi There,

Our campaign has been working with Thameslink and Network Rail to improve the rail service on the Catford Loop.

Last week, we held a meeting with Thameslink and Network Rail to raise some of the issues that we have, and there is definitely some cross over between the issues that we have and those that impact on Peckham Rye, Nunhead and Denmark Hill, and we set up the public meeting at Crofton Park that Renata kindly attended and spoke at.

Check out our article for more information about what we talked about in our meeting with them: http://www.acinderellaline.com/#!When-A-Cinderella-Line-met-Thameslink-Network-Rail-Directors/j5da8/56e6b19a0cf286cff61b69c2

If you have any questions please get in touch!

A Cinderella Line

How about improving the East Dulwich / London Bridge service. The morning peak service has deteriorated over the last few years - in terms of frequency and journey time. Passenger numbers have increased over this period. You couldn't make it up. Southern are a disgrace.

Hi A Cinderella Line,

I agree that there is significant cross-over with the issues at Crofton Park and Nunhead/Peckham Rye/Denmark Hill. It was clear by the large number of attendees at your meeting that there is strong local feeling about this train service. The issues raised about punctuality, capacity, frequency and station skipping are the same ones that local residents in Southwark have complained to me about.

Renata

How about improving the East Dulwich / London Bridge service. The morning peak service has deteriorated over the last few years - in terms of frequency and journey time. Passenger numbers have increased over this period. You couldn't make it up. Southern are a disgrace.

Its very timely that Renata has kindly organised the public meeting for everyone, as just yesterday Thameslink and Network Rail performance was debated in Westminster Hall!

We have written a review of the debate and you can read more here: http://www.acinderellaline.com/#!Thameslink-services-in-the-South-East-debated-in-Parliament/j5da8/56e9b0460cf221f9af2f58d7

We look forward to attending your meeting this evening!

A Cinderella Line

Hi Siouzie

Attending are:

Govia Thameslink

Cllr Darrell Merrill (this falls within his Cabinet portfolio)

Cllr Fiona Colley (Nunhead)

Cllr Sandra Rhule (Nunhead)

Cllr Florence Eshalomi (Lambeth Councillor and GLA candidate)

There may be other councillors

A representative from the Cinderella Line (Crofton Park/Lewisham lobby group)

Southwark News attending to report

possibly Network Rail

possibly RMT (ticket office closures)

Harriet Harman MP was due to attend, but unfortunately can't due to illness.

Chief, I suggest you contact you ward councillors about this.

Thanks for the heads up Nunhead_Man for those who wish to try cycling to Blackfriars.

Renata