Is there a local ED station group? hanging baskets etc?!

madger

Hi all, I wasn't sure if there was already a group like this. I wondered if anyone was interested in forming a small group to do things to the ED station which might make it a bit more enjoyable for everyone to travel through - cheap and cheerful hanging baskets, litter clearing etc.

I think it is unlikely East Dulwich Station could ever look as great as the Oval underground station which is very clean, has pot plants, soothing music and a bookcase where you can leave books you have read and take others. Almost the worst thing about East Dulwich is the big gap between the platform and the train. So difficult to get on the train if you are less mobile or have luggage, shopping, a pram or buggy etc. But your idea is a good one and I wish you luck with it.

It's a lovely idea.. But..

With an unmanned station the baskets would need to be placed at a height where thay could not be stolen.

This would make watering more difficult.. Also they are not cheap. (that's why they get stolen)

Where would the water come from. ? Who would water them ? Who's going to pay for the baskets ? Health and safety. ?

OK. will wait for the tirade about Foxy putting obstacles in the way..

DulwichFox

Great idea and one that I would support but I agree that the first port of call would be reminding the operating company and/or Railtrack that they must remove litter and keep the station clean and tidy and attractive as well as safe. Let us know how you get on with that.

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I thought that ED station is staffed from first

> train to last ? which is more than it was in the

> past.

It is indeed.

From memory, Barry, who used to work for Southern(?) put up some hanging baskets - they were plastic but looked good from a distance, negating the need for watering. They subsequently disappeared after Barry left - no idea where they went to but they did brighten up the place.

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I thought that ED station is staffed from first

> train to last ? which is more than it was in the

> past.

Hi Guy..

I dont use the station frequently... but I did notice the Ticket Office seemded to be manned the other day..

.. but I cannot recall seeing anyone on the platforms on the couple of times I have used the train from Sth Bermonsey

after football 10.00pm ish.

I doubt they will be standing sitting on the platform in the cold..

Foxy