Kitten stuck up tree for 2 days, HELP!

hugha

There's a kitten, 6 months old, stuck up a tree in Hayes Grove. It's on the bank near the train track. Fire brigade don't deal with cats anymore. It's by the train track but Southern rail can't help. Does anyone have any ideas or is able to help please?

Went round to see if we could help (couldn't) - by dint of a spectacular piece of bravery from Mr.Kitten Owner, going up sixty feet odd on a ladder in the dark by railway tracks, and a fiendish bit of ingenuity on the part of Mrs.Kitten Owner, fashioning a cat carrier/washing pole entrapment device, Boris the kitten was safely recovered. Better than the telly, it was!

I won't pussy foot around this, thank you everybody for avoiding this cat-astrophy by a whisker. I hope Boris is feline better soon. There were some hairy moments, but I'm glad there's a happy end to this tail. I'd like to paws to salute the purr-severance of the rescue team.

Huge thanks to Hugh for posting the message in the first place, genius & huge thanks to Cat & Wes... You guys were beyond amazing & Boris is home & safe after over 2 days. Honestly my faith in humanity was restored tonight as I met some pretty amazing people that took time out to help... Made our weekend. Thank you East Dulwich forum... Boris is still purring but about to collapse from his ordeal. Hope I can pay it forward sometime soon xx

You're v welcome. And I am now a little tipsy ;-). Glad Boris is back in your loving home. Hugha - some terrible puns there, thought I was bad. Thanks to the random builder today who left his massive ladder outside the flat - fate if ever there was some. Best Wez + Cat x

Hi all, Hugh... Some amazing puns there... Finished off the whole story purr-fectly!! Massive thanks to Cat & Wez again. Did call around, RSCPA said to call Firebrigade, Railtrack/Netwotk rail told me to call Fire service as they're the only ones that can call for permission to resume on their property. Fire service said he'd eventually come down when hungry. Thank goodness we rescued him without going onto Network rail property :-)

A wonderful happy ending, and solved a mystery for me. We had a distraught message from the builder to say the ladders he left outside the flat had disappeared. By the time we got home late Saturday evening they were right where he left them. We wondered how he could possibly have missed them! Very glad they were put to such good use.