Parking fines - North Cross Rd

Hi all,

Just a warning to everyone. I always knew you couldn't park on North Cross Rd on Saturdays but didn't know you couldn't on Fridays. I and about six others got tickets a couple of Fridays ago. Then when I passed last Friday I saw at least eight cars with tickets. There is a sign there, just one, but it is quite small.

They're having a field day. Don't get caught out.

Wrote this before I saw your edit, obviously...

kford Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They're not allowed on double-yellows, as DY lines

> are usually put there for safety reasons.

It would be fun to tell them to bend their periscope round and snap themselves, but according to t'internet: "Civil Enforcement Officers are exempt from most parking restrictions while carrying out their duties. Parking on double yellow lines is included in this exemption. While officers will always seek alternative parking this is not always practicably possible."

I thought much the same thing this weekend when I had a bit of a near miss at the junction of Friern Road/Lordship Lane (see below for link) - walking along Lordship Lane. The 12 buses are now regularly parking right up to the corner of junction (on double yellows) and it's impossible to see round them. I started walking across and then had to jump back sharpish when a no 12 came round the corner at speed to go down Friern Road. It is a bit frustrating that Southwark is so keen to impose double yellows on junctions across the borough for safety reasons, but doesn't seem to be doing as much to enforce those that already exist.

Siduhe ,

Why not - at the very least - speak to the drivers and see what they say? If no joy, take a picture and email it to the bus company. It may move things more quickly than relying on a councillor to intervene, welcome thought that may be.

It really makes no sense, there is no market on a Friday, apart from the odd stall, however lack of parking spaces is crazy, and yet they cannot free any space up on Northcross Rd??? East Dulwich is now a go to destination and with the cinema now open, and MnS due to open surely Southwark council really need to rethink its parking!!!!

Come on Southwark look after the jewel in Southwark's crown and sort the parking out, and free up more spaces.