ED fusion website no longer exists.

Kite

Does anyone know where I can see the pool timetable and exercise class times for East Dulwich Leisure Centre? The fusion website is now inactive. Any help would be much appreciated as I live quite a walk from the centre.

Did they tell us anything about this change? I personally haven't had any communication about it and have only found out today by googling why both Dulwich and Peckham gyms were no longer an option on the fusion booking site!!

Will our membership still be valid? Are prices changing? I'm very annoyed that I didn't know any of this was going on.

From a post on their Facebook site..

All DD will be transferred over to Everyone Active and you will be receiving letters in the post to advise of this and other relevant information. Information is still limited at the moment as we have not yet officially taken over the contracts. Hope this helps. Kind Regards,EA

https://www.facebook.com/everyoneactive/posts_to_page/ (2nd post, 3rd comment down).

This is a very bad start. Not officially taken over the contract? They've been hired for a period of 7 years, are they waiting for the first day before someone tells them where the light switches are? My hopes are low for how this is going to work out.

I went in today and it was chaos.. they need to change everyone's card over to the new ones + give new logins for the website (https://www.everyoneactive.com/centre/dulwich-leisure-centre/ - which by the way is kinda pointless because when you go to book a class "dulwich" is not an option on the drop-down)... the place is in dissaray with lots of broken things, no cafe as they are redoing that, a million staff but they all look a bit confused and only 2 computers so they can only really serve 2 people at a time anyway...

I agree it was slightly chaotic this morning at the start of the yoga class. The music didn't work in our class and people seemed to be experiencing problems at the desk despite lots of staff mulling round but hopefully these are just teething problems and will be ironed out quickly. I'm surprised that the new management didn't insist that everything was ready to roll out efficiently at the start of their new contract eg machines all working etc. More importantly, they haven't proactively written to customers explaining that they are taking over the contract and welcoming users. I look forward to things improving and do hope that they make up for a late start in building a relationship in the area.

No communications to existing members apart from change to DD instructions sent today. Oddly enough, I'm more interested in finding out what service is going to be provided BEFORE the administration of how I pay for it. Former login in details to book anything no longer work. Timetables aren't available. No info about changing cards, access, use of different Southwark gyms, etc. It's a really poor start for a company who have known about this change for months. I'm in the same camp as Worldwiser, goergina87, pillsbury and others. And cross.

I went in this morning and yes it was slightly chaotic but I was given a new card, ID number and pin so I can book classes etc on line. I think people on here need to give the centre a break. People have been moaning how bad Fusion was for as long as I can remember. Now a new company have taken over and you are all still moaning. They have literally been in charge since yesterday - that's 24hours!! Give them a break. If they had shut the centre to do a full handover and training you would all be moaning you had no gym. Yes there will be chaos but why don't you just give the new company a bit of support for a few weeks while they transition everything over. There is always so much negativity about a new business.

The bottom line is it's a local authority gym. If you don't like it go somewhere else

i'm all for giving new companies chances, and yes it would be annoying if they shut the place down for a few days to sort stuff out BUT they have known for MONTHS they were taking over - they could spend time evenings/weekends installing stuff and getting ready.. and yes I too have my new card and login, but as you can't choose dulwich as an option online it is basically pointless...

but like you said, i agree its a great value gym and so i'm ok to give them the benefit of doubt, but they need to sort it out by the end of this week at the latest (and fix all the broken toilets everywhere too!) :)

From their website:

"Online group exercise class and activity bookings will be available from 7.00am on Tuesday 28th June for classes and activities from this date forward.

We are working hard to open up the online booking process before this date but there has been a technical fault with the transfer of the online bookings taken before 21st June for the period immediately after. If we were to allow new online bookings it would lead to double bookings.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and please check centre websites for updates."

pilsbury Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i'm all for giving new companies chances, and yes

> it would be annoying if they shut the place down

> for a few days to sort stuff out BUT they have

> known for MONTHS they were taking over - they

> could spend time evenings/weekends installing

> stuff and getting ready..

No necessarily. Knowing how Fusion are run, they probably didn't cooperate at all in the handover, in which case there's nothing much the new company can do.

I am also all for giving new companies a chance but I am pretty disappointed by the re-fit of the cafe Everyone Active have done. They have installed two slush puppy machines, a milk shake machine and an ice cream fridge which I don't think at all promotes healthy eating messages to the large number of children passing through there.