Who bought tickets for Dick Gaughan at the EDT?

Sue

Due to circumstances outside our control, the Goose will no longer be having events upstairs @ edt.

We are moving to a new venue at Dulwich Hamlet FC Clubroom, next to Sainsbury's on Dog Kennel Hill (see separate threads in the What's On section).

The EDT sold somebody three tickets for the Dick Gaughan gig on 14 November, but did not take a contact phone number or any other details, and their name is also illegible, so I am unable to contact them to inform them of the change of venue.

If this was you, or if you know who it might have been, please could you contact me by a PM here or via our website www.thegooseisout.com - thanks :)

Admin - sorry if you think this is in the wrong section, but I'm not sure where to put it to ensure that people see it.

I haven't heard from anybody who might have bought these tickets.

I know it's ultimately the EDT's responsibility, but the Goose does not want unhappy punters who turn up to the EDT for an enjoyable evening and then find the event has moved somewhere else. It reflects on us even though the move was not our choice.

It's possible the ticket buyers weren't from East Dulwich, as they may have travelled to the EDT for one of our folk evenings and bought them over the bar then, but please, if you know anyone who could possibly have bought them, could you ask them if they did - thanks.

If we can't trace them we will just have to leave a message for them at the EDT bar on the evening in question and hope it's conveyed ...

Sue, are you at liberty to say what the circumstances outside your control are? Even a hint.....? I have tickets, but bought them online so got an email about the change of venue. I haven't yet been to the Clubroom, but upstairs at the EDT was such a nice, intimate venue!

Yes it was a nice venue.

We had two more gigs booked there for this year, in October (Martin Carthy) and November (Dick Gaughan) - which the EDT had been advertising in their window and inside.

I don't want to say too much, but you may have seen on this very forum that the EDT is changing the room upstairs into a "Private Members Club" (sic). That was also how we found out that our venue was being ripped apart and that we could no longer hold our gigs there. Yep - via the forum.

If you'd like to know more, please PM me. It's been traumatic. But hey - onwards and upwards. The new venue will be good. Sofas, real ale (cheaper than EDT prices), candles and flowers :)

And Martin Carthy :)

And we're negotiating for some mega top artists for 2009 :)