New Housing development Henslowe Road

From the letter it would appear so Uncleglen.

"if the proposed site is taken forward, the homes will be council homes at social rent. In addition, half the new council homes would be available to local residents in housing need to make sure that local residents affected by the redevelopment get a fair deal"

I spoke to Danielle at Southwark this morning. The letter is the first stage of the consultation, but by the sounds of it (and this is only my take on what I have been told) if you would like your opinion to be heard prior to a decision being made as to whether the land in Henslowe should be developed for additional housing then you need to get in touch asap. It seems the plan is not to consult residents further prior to the decision, more to involve them 'if' the decision to build on the land goes ahead. I pushed for an answer as to when the decision would be made and was told in around 3 months, although Danielle said that anyone who had questions/comments should aim to go back to her in the next few weeks.

So for any resident/garage owner that would like their voice heard, please get in touch with Danielle directly as per the details on the letter.

No doubt a large ugly block will be built instead of anything in-keeping with the houses. Shame the council make us all abide by strict consultation rules when wanting to do any planning but they can choose how to apply their own rules when it's their land.

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Danielle and had a reply - her address is [email protected]

She said that this is 'being considered as a potential site to POSSIBLY take forward in Southwark Council?s New Homes Programme' - emphasis on the POSSIBLY.

I rent a garage there and live close by, I would hate to see the garages go. With recent changes to double yellow corners and increasing numbers of households with cars in the street I value having somewhere close and safe to park my car and store clutter.