Access to the forum using the new BT Hub/Router

• Administrator

Hi

Some people have had problems accessing this site with the new BT Hub/router, they seen a holding page saying "Apache" rather than the actual forum. Most peoples' issues have resolved apart from one but I want to make sure this isn't a bigger issue.

Are you seeing the Apache holding page instead of the forum when accessing this site from home? If so please could you restart your router / turn it off and on again :) then if you're still having issues please let me know. Thank you.

Ruskin Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well I'm using a BT hub but am wondering what the

> difference is with the new one and why that should

> render forums like this inaccessible?

BT have recently upgraded some customers Speed and Usage allowance.

They have also upgraded 'Improved' Security..

I got this 'Flagged' up to me.

This web site does not supply ownership information.

Connection not Encrypted.

The website www eastdulwichforum.co.uk does not support encryption for the page you are viewing

information sent over the internet without encryption can be seen by other people while it is in transit.

(right click anywhere on page / view page info / security.) to see this info.

Only problem I get is having to enter my Password twice.

I enter password.. gets refused / screen scrolls up / re-enter P/W.. all OK

Bit of a pain.

DulwichFox

I had a lot of trouble initially with a new BTHub6 (earlier versions - no problem at all) - although I did re-boot the Hub 2 or 3 times (which strategy eventually worked) but for some time I got intermittently turned back on 3 different access devices - the EDF site was the only one which gave me this problem, and I believe Admin did make some alterations to the DNS pointing. I suspect my Hub (having had a problem once) got locked into it - and it took a couple of re-sets to clear this - but the problem did not present consistently. The BT Hub6 is very new - the version of Apache used on this site was first released on 6th March 2010 - so maybe the age difference was an issue here - but (so far) it is now working absolutely fine with the site. Hard re-set (through the button on the machine and give it a minute or two, not via the software) does seem to clear the problem, if you have one.

• Administrator
Four or five users reported that they were seeing the server's holding page instead of the actual forum. This means that something was different with the hub's Domain Name Server routing, nothing to do with the Apache version. I made a couple of changes on the forum's DNS settings, BT updated their hubs and now everything seems to be back to normal, I hope.

ths0150 - I had the same problem for a longish time - it was only on my third (or fourth?) re-boot that the problem eventually cleared, after a couple of weeks. Switch the Hub off at the back (don't use a software re-boot), leave for at least a minute and switch back on again - was the remedy that eventually worked for me - and yes then ED site was the only one that I had a problem on. I found 3 separate bits of kit (PC, Android phone and tablet) were all impacted - but when it eventually cleared, all the bits of kit then worked normally.