Band rehearsal noise - Beauval/Woodware Road

bcam

Could the band making an absolute racket around Beauval/Woodware Road please for the love of God wrap up!!!!

There are soundproofed rehearsal spaces that are far more appropriate places to rehearse than a residential street.

As a final critique, I'd give you 3/10.

If they're having a band practice, I doubt they're reading the forum whilst doing it :)

If you don't want to go and ask them to stop, you could phone Southwark Noise Control (if it still exists) via the council's switchboard.

I'm reducing my rating to 2/10. The singing goes out of tune a lot and their endings are sloppy. Guys, if you are reading this, endings are IMPORTANT. Tighten them up....somewhere else.....soundproofed.

Thank you and goodnight.

bcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Sue

> I'm just having a tongue in cheek moan.

Oh, sorry, I thought your OP was serious.

It would have driven me mad (der) as well if I was trying to work.

bcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Guys, if you are reading this, endings are

> IMPORTANT. Tighten them up....

Everyone knows that you let the last chord ring out... the drummer goes ba-da-dum... them BAM.

A band's gotta rehearse or they won't get any better. I rehearsed in a few rooms (front rooms and bedrooms) in some houses in Dulwich when I sang in a band as a teenager before we got to convert a garage into a studio. Good luck to 'em.

Heh, reminds me of Frank Zappa:

"We could jam in Jah's Garage

His mama was screaming, "TURN IT DOWN!"

We was playing the same old song

In the afternoon and sometimes we would

Play it all night long

It was all we knew, and easy too

So we wouldn't get it wrong

Even if you played it on a saxophone"