Big up to the Gardeners at Peckham Rye Park

Hi dirac, the Friends of Peckham Rye Park are volunteers but the Quadron gardeners (who also work in the South Cemeteries as well as parks) are not. If you are interested in becoming involved with the FOPRP or want more information about them, look at their website:

http://www.peckhamryepark.org/friends-of-peckham-rye-park/

They will be having their annual fete and dog show on Saturday 3rd September.

Sorry, I don't know about the bees.

Just been on one of my walks and took in Peckham Rye.

What a pleasure that place is.. I visited the Wild Meadow near Peckham Rye / Strakers Rd. were the old Paddling Pool used to be. (1950's) Wild Flowers like Evening Prinrose. A sanctuary for Bees.. Butterflies.. Moths.. and other insects.

The park is so interesting with avenues of old trees.. a pond with Geese and Ducks.. Sexby Gardens.. beautiful Flower Beds.. an enclosed Picnic area which is Dog free.. Plenty of other space to exercise dogs.. A Cafe..

Also many open spaces for Sports and Recreaion. And plenty of seats around the park to just sit and relax.

The Park Staff are amazing.. We are all very lucky to have this facility on our doorstep.

DulwichFox

I too recently went on a walk around the common and the park, and concur with the above sentiments. The main entrance off the common has returned to its previous former glory days of the early 1950's. Stunning bedding plants and a beautiful display. I would love to see a small museum about the history of the park, and perhaps some signs to point out the location of the old Homestall Farmhouse and where it was in conjunction with the present day park.

Louisa.

Renata Hamvas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Dulwichfox,

> they do deal with Japenese Knotweed infestations

> on a regular basis during it's growing season.

> It's also been an issue in all three cemeteries in

> the area too.

> Renata

Thank you for that.. I was really concerned .. I feel happier knowing the team know how to deal with this awful stuff.

It is probly worse when it is near property and easier to deal with in isolation.

DulwichFox

• 2 months later...