Music played til 1.00 am most nights

Hi

Anyone else on Henslowe or Friern road (bottom) suffering from insomnia due to hard core rap being played until 1 am most nights?

Torture. Especially as Henslowe is one long unbroken terrace so amplified music sounds like we're in a stadium! Who and how do you complain about noise level that keeps you awake even with windows closed?

I'd do as Renata said. If you know it's regular, keep a diary of the days that they are doing it and ring the southwark noise council. We had the same on Danby St a couple years back and they helped out a great deal here.

Report it ASAP, don't wait until you have a few entries in your diary. The noise officers will visit your neighbours and explain that they can, if this happens again, seize the equipment. It should calm them down.

As Monkey says, the officers will usually come over pretty much straight away - they'll ask lots of questions, so keep a note of when it starts but call them during the noise so they can come and hear it for themselves. They were great when we had similar trouble.

The one time I had to complain re noise - the Noise Team could hear the music through my phone - it was a house a few doors down and at least 8 other neighbours had already complained. Noise Team were called out twice that night.

AbbieP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have an aunt who lives there and she's been

> complaining about this every time we see each

> other. Why doesn't anyone take any actions

> already?

Did your aunt take any action, eg calling the Southwark Noise Team as other people have?

Some years ago I left my teenagers at home and went on holiday. They were both over 18. They decided to have a party and it went on late on a Saturday night. A neighbour called the police and they came to the house and threatened to confiscate the sound equipment if they were called out again. Does no-one have this power- it seems the obvious solution?

It annoys me that there isn't more solidarity / community action on things like this. One or two people can keep a whole neighbourhood awake, why? If all those effected got together, went round and told the offenders to keep it down, they would. I'm not talking pitch forks and burning torches, but a calm and reasonable neighbourhood delegation standing shoulder to shoulder with one another.

Sometimes people are scared to report anti-social behaviour because if the miscreants know your address they may take retribution. I once reported something, and even though at least 4 houses would have been affected by the nuisance, it was my car that got vandalised several times.

So, James, do the noise or environment team tell the nuisances who reported them?

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sometimes people are scared to report anti-social

> behaviour because if the miscreants know your

> address they may take retribution. I once reported

> something, and even though at least 4 houses would

> have been affected by the nuisance, it was my car

> that got vandalised several times.

> So, James, do the noise or environment team tell

> the nuisances who reported them?

I had to be smuggled out of my flat by the Met police once after I'd called the noise people and they'd had to leave on 'health and safety' grounds, due to the threats I was getting.