Theft in potager juice bar

alica

Two young students who work in Potager juice bar ( corner of the forest hill and dunstans road opposite Peckham park) were robbed today in broad daylight. Their own bags ( with all their personal belongings) were stollen while they were actually serving customers. Shocking! Apparently it happens in late afternoon just before their closing time.Police were there yet it is very unlikely they find those thieves or girls bags. East Dulwich doesn't seems to be save neighbourhood anymore.

if I can remember from the days when I had to attend a Health and Safety Course and later when I had to write the organisation's H & S policy. Employers are obliged to provide staff with a safe place where to store their belongings ie a lockable cupboard or locker.

We had some thefts at work some years back and police/security stated that we had been provided with lockable desks and if our handbags were locked away and we had the keys, any forced entry of the desks would mean we could make a claim against our employer and also claim from our household insurance

I had quite a few things stolen at work and successfully claimed against my employer. They tried to get me to claim on my household insurance though. We weren't given any lockable places in the office, but could lock the door at night. Many people had master keys to the offices which could be used when no one was around.

There were also thefts in the day, specially from male employees' coats on the back of the chair, and purses from handbags. I had a jacket, and sunglasses stolen, amongst other things.

Sorry for what happened to the girls but that hardly makes ED 'not safe'. We are in London. Bags get stolen all over London all the time.

I'm not sure ED has ever been a rural idyll free from opportunistic thievery in any of our lifetimes.

alica Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Two young students who work in Potager juice bar (

> corner of the forest hill and dunstans road

> opposite Peckham park) were robbed today in broad

> daylight. Their own bags ( with all their personal

> belongings) were stollen while they were actually

> serving customers. Shocking! Apparently it happens

> in late afternoon just before their closing

> time.Police were there yet it is very unlikely

> they find those thieves or girls bags. East

> Dulwich doesn't seems to be save neighbourhood

> anymore.

Myself and my workmates all had our bags stolen from the back of a boutique I was a saturday girl in on Kings Rd in Chelsea in the late 70's-theif entered through a back fire exit door and took all our stuff.

opportunists will strike wherever you are.