The Bellenden Bunfight...

ed_pete

I was talking to Roz (owner of Review)and she said one of the reasons she organised it last year because there are so many foodie's in Bellenden and she thought it would be fun - and it was very popular!! So she said they decided to run it again this year - expanding out into horticultural products as well. I'm very much looking forward to going and checking out the cakes and produce - although my cake baking skills aren't good enough I think to enter the compeition (unless there is a catergory for most mishapen or sunken cake!)

Hi, I am one of the organisers of the Bun Fight and we're really excited about this year's two-day event. Although it is a local competition we will be delighted to take entrants for either day (growing, veg sculptures and the edible hat parade on Saturday, and cakes, biscuits, preserves etc on the Sunday) from anyone who's willing to give it a go, regardless of where they live. We are hoping to make some money this year to give to a local charity so we want as many entrants as we can get (?1 each) and we'll be selling off the cakes after the judging so even if you don't enter you can come along and buy some thing yummy. There's a prize for every winner plus a fabulous 'best in show' prize kindly donated by The East Dulwich Deli. call into the Review book shop on Bellenden Road and chat with Roz if you'd to like to know more.