An appeal to find (a couple who live in The Gardens)

Dawn Roberts

An appeal. My faith in human kindness has been truly restored today by a very kind couple with their Young baby boy who live in 'The gardens' by Peckham rye park. My son Gary was searching everywhere for a chemist or a mothercare store to buy a tens machine for my daughter in law to take back to kings college hospital where they have been for the past 4wks due to a difficult pregnancy. He had asked everyone on his quest for help to find a shop he could buy 1, when this very kind couple offered to take him back to their home & give him theirs. They also offered him a shower, food if he had needed it too. As we are all from a little village in East Sussex he had no idea what an Oyster cards was so they explained he would need 1 to get a bus back to the hospital & gave him theirs with credit on it. They couple wouldn't accept payment but Gary & Caroline & myself would love to be able to find these very special people & thank them again. So please share this post everyone x

How very kind of them. It's lovely to hear about people going out of their way to help each other like that, particularly when the media dwell on doom and gloom all the time.

In case your situation continues, you might find it helpful to know that you can pay with a contactless credit or debit card on most London transport (not the 'heritage' old buses on a few tourist routes). Costs the same as Oyster.

cactus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The OP has shared the information that she has, in

> order to try and find the lovely couple who helped

> out her son, not her husband if you read her post

> correctly.

> No need for further questions in my opinion.

I wasn't suggesting she was looking for her husband! I just thought if he had gone back to their house as offered he might remember which one it was if he went back! I'm assuming he declined their offer and waited in the park whilst the guy went and got the thing he needed...

Anyway, to the OP, I wish you and your daughter all the best. Good luck.

Re: the Gardens surgery, nor should they! But the Gardens could potentially contact the couple (if they know who they are, based on the description) and ask if they want to be contacted,or pass on the details of the OP directly to them.