Bin men removing rubbish from bins

callymarie

Our binmnen are really nice.

They don't put the bins back in our garden either but why would they? Doesn't everyone who can put their bins out/ bring them back?

AS for things being taken out of your bins - sure it's not someone rifling through them?

In my experience they bin men either take it - or just leave it and I have to work out why... Never seen them selectively choose the bits they won't take.

I'd never experienced it before, but theyre leaving things by the side of the bin, various card board boxes too (from the recycling bin) I shall just have to bag things up from now on, but I thought you couldn't put bin bags in recycling bins.

It may be someone rifling through the rubbish as there has been a spate of burglaries this week.. Ill keep an eye out :/

Not binmen but we had an issue with spillages of recycling and items not taken - and complained to Southwark;

The environmental manager has confirmed that he visited your property and spoke with the crew,

who informed him they had mistaken the recycling bags for refuse, in addition to not collecting the cardboard.

The crew have been instructed that they must clear all spillages.

The manager was pleased to find all of the waste was cleared. I understand that the manager also followed this up with a phone call to you.

In light of your complaint, he has spoken to all of the crews who collect from your property and has reminded them of the high quality of

service expected of them and that includes ensuring all collections are carried out as scheduled.

In addition, he will be monitoring your site for the next two collections to ensure the crew are following his instructions in this regard.

Never happened to me and don't think it's normal if it wasn't a recycling bin as you said but a regular one. Their job is to collect the rubbish after all, not to pick or leave it there. If I were you, I'd politely ask about their politics and see if they can give an adequate answer. I am glad our bin men from http://www.rubbishwaste.co.uk/ are outgoing and would never do that without a reason.

marisa_45 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Never happened to me and don't think it's normal

> if it wasn't a recycling bin as you said but a

> regular one. Their job is to collect the rubbish

> after all, not to pick or leave it there. If I

> were you, I'd politely ask about their politics

> and see if they can give an adequate answer. I am

> glad our bin men from

> http://www.rubbishwaste.co.uk/ are outgoing and

> would never do that without a reason.

How would their politics be a factor?

Northeastview Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I watched a refuse worker (?street sweeper) going

> through the bin sheds on the dog kennel hill

> eastate. He seemed to be picking through what was

> there but chucked a good deal of it on the

> pavement and then moved on.

Are you sure it was not someone going through the bins but wearing a yellow jacket (or whatever) in an attempt to look less suspicious?