Anyone doing the dulwich park 10k sunday?

Thinking about it but depends on the weather on Sunday morning. I'm hoping there will be places left to turn up on the day.

I'm doing the Royal Parks half marathon (in aid of the Horniman) the following Sunday (my first - and only - half marathon) so would be a good 'gentle' run to do.

I got up this morning, saw the weather and went back to bed. Hope you made it without getting too soggy, mightyroar.

And that your half marathon went well, jollybaby. This time next week, I should be running around Hyde Park in final third of mine. Any tips would be gratefully received!

I did it despite the weather, I did get pretty soggy but still feel good for it. Good attendance despite sogginess.

The kids did the 'fun' run in the rain too.

Then we all got a pub lunch after. Hurrah!

I did a half marathon this time last year. Pace yourself! Start slow! i found around 10 miles I was really flagging. should be good support if you have a nice day though.

Ouch ouch ouch. Survived the 1/2 mara in dismal weather. Was not the best 2 or so hours of my life. My tip applespider would be to turn round and go back to bed if the weather's like this again! No seriously I agree with Mightyroar - take it slowly- loads of people burn off at speed at the start and then are walking by half way. I did it the other way and even had a little left for a mini sprint finish at the end. Best of luck

Well done to both of you. I did my last 10k in gruesome weather so I know how dismal it can be.

Forecast for next weekend is better so keeping fingers crossed and will try not to go out too fast. I'm not a speedster so will aim to go out at my usual pace which I know I can do 13 miles at (just about!) rather than getting carried away. Not entirely sure I'd manage a sprint finish although given my final few hundred metres are usually uphill, you never know.