Church recommendation locally

mary123

Hello

Could you recommend a church I can visit? Ideally I like a church with lively praise and does not go beyond 2 hours service..last church I went to in Peckham spent whole service slating women..

I would like to join new church and find one to take family for Xmas services

All Saints in Peckham, opposite Peckham Rye train station is great! Very mixed congregation, lively, engaged, young, old, singles, families, men'S and women'S prayer breakfasts, CAP , food bank, youth work, children's church, homegroups...you'd be v welcome!

Christmas carol service is Sunday 11th evening.

You would be very welcome to give St Clements with St Peters a try! We have a traditional service every Sunday at 10am and are a small friendly congregation, always happy to see new faces of any age. Christmas services include a very popular Nativity service for children at 4pm on Christmas Eve which is a really lovely community event. Come to our Christmas Fayre on Sunday 4th December from 11.30am and you'll see what a friendly bunch we are!

St Clement with St Peter

(access from Friern Road or Barry Road, opposite Silvester Road)

Let me know how you get on! I have been unable to find a church here after being freaked out by a couple in central london, one was 'a church for people who don't like church' and then the other was the total opposite end of the spectrum. Needless to say I am a bit hesitant to try out any others!

Does anyone know if these churches have a community of people in their 20s? I am 25.

Thanks

Highly recommend Oasis Church Waterloo, http://www.oasiswaterloo.org/church great social action program in the community; spearheading London's safe house for the government's child refugee program, very politically minded AND more importantly (for me and my husband) completely GAY FRIENDLY and non judgemental - now there's a first. Actually the one time we visited St John the Evangelist on Goose Green, I felt the same could be said.

Hi Mary 123, I would really recommend East Dulwich Tabernacle on Barry Road, SE22 0HW. It's a wonderful Reformed Baptist Church where the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is clearly and faithfully proclaimed. The service is about an hour long. Many warm and caring people attend, so you can be sure of a lovely welcome. There's also a Sunday School in the afternoon (3-4pm) for children aged 3-16yrs. I hope you can attend on a Sunday soon.

www.eastdulwichtabernacle.org