Southwark Council - the new Banksy?

Got back home tonight to find that lots of bollards and notices about imminent works by the F Conway (assuming Council contractor) about to take place. Not sure I ever noticed the road (Ryedale) was ever that bad but will give them the benefit of the doubt that this is needed. Just as I crossed the road though, I notice that they have spray painted about 100m of the path outside my house and a number of other that "NO PARKING TUESDAY". Given it has been lashing down all day judging by how wet the pavement is, I'm assuming that this isn't going to easily wash off? Would it be too much to expect them to engage a brain cell and paint this on the roadway that is about to be re-tarmacked? Assuming this is Southwark Council Highways dept, any idea where I can enquire as to the likelihood that the council ask the contractor to wash this off? Or at least impose an ASBO on the contractor responsible? Has this happened anywhere else?

Phone 020 7525 2000 and ask for the Highways Department. Ask them about it. Don't expect the left hand to know what the right hand is doing, but that's the answer to your question. Oh - also go in to Southwark's website and find the relevant number there.

And I ride down Ryedale a lot and have always thought what a bad road it is so if it's going to be retarmac'd that's a good thing.