> Is there not one further up?

>

> Streetview suggests there is a no right turn sign

> as well as a no u-turns:

>

>

> 78,3a,75y,297.14h,77.8t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUHSorD

> FsncvLe_J1mcfyXQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Oh yeah - didn't see that as I came out of Woodvale and walked my bike across the road. Bit odd to have a no right turn sign as it's impossible to do a right turn without going over the central reservation anyway! But the no U-turn sign by the first gap which is on your picture definitely wasn't there today. It must surely have been pinched or something, they can't seriously have decided U turns there are now permissible.

Melford Road is better as one way, but they need to allow cars to turn right into Underhill Road - it's a nightmare if you are trying to get back towards Forest Hill Road from Sydenham, traffic is so heavy - if you go down Sydenham Rise the traffic can be backed up right to Sydenham Hill, if you go down Sydenham Hill you are forced to add to the huge weight of traffic going down Lordship Lane, all the way to Overhill Road.

This is one crazy bit of Road Traffic Management.

James, if you are going to get that No U Turn sign put back, maybe you can get the one lower down taken way whilst you are at it, to ease some of the awful congestion, and let people turn right into Underhill Road.

Thanks.

I think the right-turn into Underhill Road is potentially very dangerous. I could see it potentially backing traffic further back up the hill, and turning through traffic across the bus-lane is a recipe for accidents. These small side roads are not made for volume of traffic.

Hi Bobbsy

Last few times I have come back down Sydenham Hill I can't turn right to go down to the South Circular as cars

are backed right up to the junction trying to get through the lights at the bottom and on to the South Circular.

It's impossible.

So instead I go down, left onto South Circular, then have to go all the way to Upland Road before I can turn right.

Adding to the weight of traffic.

There needs to be an allowed right turn before that, if need be they should put in a proper turning with lights or something.

It's madness trying to get down and across the South Circular if you want to get over towards Nunhead.

Thanks James (not) for sorting out that No Right Turn sign.

Sigh.