Water Pressure on the Dog Kennel Hill Estate

Tjd3114

Hi

I live on the top floor of one of the blocks on the DKH Estate and have been experiencing extremely low water pressure in the morning (presumably when everyone needs to use it before they go to work) - between 0700 and 0930. It's so low , I cant use the shower.

This has been an ongoing problem but has got worse in recent works due to the leaks and burst water mains. Thames Water have been using this as the excuse for the problem (despite it being a problem for months).

I'd be interested to find out whether any one else is experiencing low pressure on the estate. It is proving difficult to get it fixed as Thames Water are claiming that they only have to provide sufficient pressure to the ground floor of any building and Southwark Council are saying its nothing to do with them.

Let me know if you are experiencing the same problem

Hi - this problem is affecting loads of people and, as you say, Thames Water are just rolling out the same line repeatedly. One thing that is apparently important to do in order to pressure them in to action is to lodge an official complaint - apparently phone calls and social media aren't logged as such.

Either by email or letter:

[email protected]

Complaints resolution team

Thames Water

PO BOX 436

Swindon

SN38 1TU

I'm having exactly the same problem and it seems to be around 6pm in the evening and 7ish in the morning. The cold tap runs fast but when I switch over to the hot tap there's very little pressure and the boiler is not sparking up. It has been getting worse recently and I did have Thames Water round a couple of years ago but they said it was my boiler. British gas said it was Thames Water. I'm not aware the ground floor flat has the same issues.

Things can only get worse. Everytime there is a new development, or houses turned into 2 or 3 flats etc the water has to be pumped at a higher pressure to get to your tap, and it is an uphill journey- as it is hilly around here. The construction around all the London suburbs has ignored the infrastructure problems and the powers that be- i.e. the people that grant the planning permission, are acting in a ridiculous manner imho, and it makes everybody's life a misery....just wait for the next burst water main.

I live on ground floor at top of hill and recent there has been many occasions when at 8am (10am weekends!)we have had no water at all for a couple of hours. I didn't know about the complaints e-mail, thank you for that MelissaVF