No water again

JDR

The map does not show the extent of the impact, which includes parts of Underhill and Woodvale. I was told that operatives had been dispatched but had not yet arrived, and that a tanker had also been dispatched to re-charge the main if necessary. I suspect that the map shown may refer to an earlier leak this week, which did not impact Underhill or Woodvale.

Frenchpolisher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Water out on Dunstans Road a bit further down from

> where the map shows. Didn't have any issues

> earlier in the week.

Bizarre Uplands/LL end of Dunstans affected now (no water) and was affected earlier this week. Maybe because we are on a steeper gradient at this end.

Doh!! No it's because we are closer to the leak. Totally useless post!!

We had no water for a period on Tues on Overhill Rd. Why, then, are Thames Water suggesting today's problem is something new which they are just now responding to? Why didn't they fix it on Tuesday? Grrrr! Think I'll request a refund of my water rates for the days concerned...

Unfortunately this happens 1-2 times a year at least! I remember the time when we couldn't have a proper shower during weekdays between 7-8.30 because the water pressure so poor `and that persisted for years. I've never come across any other area in London that has recurrent water issues like this.

The Thames water live website is interesting. Although this area appears to be the only one without water, there are so many areas with reported leaks! Thames Water must be constantly firefighting!

They haven't provided an estimated time that the water will be restored.

Did they say pm? - 'cos there hasn't been an update on the site - still quoting an 07:45 bulletin. A 'live' lady on the phone also hadn't seen any updates - said SE22, 23 and 26 were all impacted - said they aimed to clear in 12 hours (well, of course they do, it costs them after that, and they have to provide water bowsers etc.). But there are so many reported leaks shown on the plot that it is difficult to guess which one may be impacting which houses. The site says the leak is in SE23 - but many report it as being in SE22. Whatever, it is the only one where work is meant to be taking place - anyone see anyone working?

Their website is almost useless. There is more information on twitter to be honest. I've attached their updates here. At 2pm they said: "Rerouting of supplies almost in place, should restore water to majority of customers. Next update at 4.15PM". Has anyone got any water yet? We have had none in Underhill Road all day (although we are near the top of the hill so we will be the last to benefit from an actual repair).