Countryside walks near Dulwich/Forest Hill etc

amac

In a departure from the usual forum topics of muggings, traffic jams, second hand fridges and unwanted IKEA furniture, I present to you my 13 beautiful walks in great countryside, many of which are do-able by train from our local stations. A lot of people on this forum will be familiar with these places but I'm hoping to reach people who've moved here from other parts of the UK or other countries who don't know how beautiful places like the Darent Valley are. Here's the link: https://localkentwalks.com/

• 5 months later...

Giving this post a bump as we did another one of these lovely walks today.

Took train from Peckham Rye to Otford to do the circular walk - we ended up doing a bit shorter than the full route and finishing at Shoreham. Must have been about 4 miles in total I reckon. Perfect for kids too - our lot ranged from 5 years to 14 years and they all managed the steep slopes and the full distance - picnic in the middle to recharge the batteries! Finished off with a drink at the pub in Shoreham.

It was so nice and we actually did not pass any other walkers which was surprising given that it is half term and such good weather.

Thanks again amac for putting this site together which such easy to follow routes.