Red lights into sainsburys

Ole

I was drove down dog kennel hill, waited at the junction fro the traffic to turn right into sainsbury's. When traffic light for oncoming traffic turned red I turned right. Now, there is a traffic light just when you exit the turning and it was red. I carried on without stopping. I'm sure I should have stopped, however the car in front of me which did the same maneuvre also jumped it, so that's two cars in a row. Is there a camera for this set of lights? I'm beating up myself about it so much.

So, what you are saying is that you couldn't see a bright red electric light the size of a dinner plate in front of you and you are more concerned about getting ticketed than possibly running someone over? Open your eyes.

It isn't 'little used' if you are a pedestrian waiting to cross the junction - this can take quite a while, maybe it appears so if you are going through in a car which might take a few seconds.

Some while ago I stopped at these lights which were red and a lady behind me ran into the back of me. She said she didn't realise there were traffic lights there. Fortunately she was fully insured and her insurance company paid for my repairs.

As far as I can tell, the lights only go red if a pedestrian pushes the button to cross - which is why they are often green. I also think they are synced so they can only go red when traffic is turning out of Sainsburys - not when traffic if flowing down DKH (which kind of makes sense given how much faster that traffic is usually). I have no special knowledge so may be totally wrong about this, but just my observation.