Extension of NC Road market

Alan Medic

After having seen the other thread about this started by Siduhe, I emailed the officer concerned to clarify whether the survey posted on the Southwark website about the extension constitutes the "consultation" or whether those living nearby will be contacted for their views. Will post again if / when I get a reply. AM - I'm guessing you must live close by to have received a letter so maybe they're on their way?

The proposed changes are to close a little more if North Cross Road on Saturday market says - section between Nuffield and Archdale.

DilwichFox, I really don't think this will have any impact on your road or road end so I'd be horrified if council officers spent money writing to you. Which doesn't stop you from responding to the consultation.

James, I think Dulwich Fox lives nearer to NCR than I do. I got a letter. As they (the council) obviously want this to happen, perhaps they are only writing to people who don't live close to the road and will have no objection. It's more money for the council I presume.

James, I think you are being optimistic about it not affecting Foxy's road - the additional parking spaces lost and the increased number of traders parking will inevitably put even greater pressure on parking on all the roads off North Cross and it's already pretty intense especially on Saturdays.

Edited to add that I live just off North cross and haven't received a letter or seen a sign.

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The proposed changes are to close a little more if

> North Cross Road on Saturday market says - section

> between Nuffield and Archdale.

>

> DilwichFox, I really don't think this will have

> any impact on your road or road end so I'd be

> horrified if council officers spent money writing

> to you. Which doesn't stop you from responding to

> the consultation.

Hopefully it will make the market better than it is already (it can't get any worse), in comparison to most in the area - brockley, crystal palace, herne hill etc it's an embarrassment especially the food offering, extending it to more of the same would be a travesty. Don't even get me started on those breakfast burritos and scotch eggs *hangs head in shame*

I like those scotch eggs!

Am I wrong to?!

Beej Wrote:

> Hopefully it will make the market better than it

> is already (it can't get any worse), in comparison

> to most in the area - brockley, crystal palace,

> herne hill etc it's an embarrassment especially

> the food offering, extending it to more of the

> same would be a travesty. Don't even get me

> started on those breakfast burritos and scotch

> eggs *hangs head in shame*

Ha! You're NEVER wrong to like what you like, but they are hard in the middle, and a hard scotch egg with greying discolouration does not a correct scotch egg make :) Try one from Rosie's cafe 28 Peckham Rye, and you'll never look back :)

I got a letter yesterday. I live in a road off NCR, but not one which would be closed off. The same road as DulwichFox, in fact :)

I support the proposed changes even if there are more cars parked in my road. I really like living so close to the Saturday market.

The letter says that it is proposed to make about 20 more stalls (in addition to the existing 30).

There will be a greater variety of businesses, a focal point for community groups and charities, and creative activities and performances.

I think all this sounds great!

JW, the letters were just addressed to "The Resident" at each address, so is it possible that somebody else has opened the letter to your address?

ETA: "The closing date for receiving views from anyone who lives, works (at) or visits the market is Tuesday 31 January 2017".

Siduhe Wrote:

> You can fill in the on-line survey here -

> https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/environment

> -leisure/north-cross-road-market-extension/consult

> ation/intro/

Thanks for that. They'll have a load of qualitative data to try to analyse, won't they?

I don't understand what this means, can anybody enlighten me?

" We are considering releasing five existing parking bays on Fridays, on Northcross Road. Do you think this is a good idea? "

What does "releasing" mean? That they are going to allow parking in the bays on Fridays when they previously didn't, or that they are not going to allow parking in the bays on Fridays when they previously did?

DulwichFox Wrote:

> I live off of N.C. Rd. so does affect me. But no

> letter.

> The Council are hardly likely to send letters out

> to anyone who might object.

>

> DulwichFox

They probably just mark you down as an objector and save the postage.

Otta Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I live off of N.C. Rd. so does affect me. But

> no

> > letter.

> > The Council are hardly likely to send letters

> out

> > to anyone who might object.

> >

> > DulwichFox

>

>

>

>

> They probably just mark you down as an objector

> and save the postage.

I have now received a letter.. Hand delivered .. Like you said.. to save the postage..

Foxy