House breakin ogalander road

It was about 2.30pm, I think. They rang my doorbell first, but I didn't answer. But my dog was barking at them so they left. They had also appeared earlier at another neighbour's front window then scarpered when they saw her. They went up and down Everthorpe Road then up and down Oglander. Casing, in a remarkably obvious way, looking in windows and ringing doorbells. Two men, one very tall, the other very short, but both very stocky. They were in and out of the flat in Oglander within two minutes, taking a laptop and mobile phone.

Ahem. Not so fast Rendal and singalto. Who said no one called the police? I did indeed call them. Immediately. And bless them, they arrived within four minutes, you judgemental ****s. In fact, I even followed the burglars after they rang the bell at my place, and so then actually saw one of them crawling out of the window of my neighbours, who I know. Only to be then confronted by two huge men. Luckily for me, when they both stared at me only feet away, their faces contorted with hatred, two men walking a bicycle appeared on the other side of the road so I ran to them for safety - I'm a tiny 5ft tall woman - so then the burglars ran off. I then gave my neighbour's phone number to the police, and she arrived 15 minutes later as she works nearby. God, I and many others are so sick of you trolls on here who attack every post with your irrelevant nonsense. So much so that many people I know never post here for fear of you. Forgive my numerous editing as I am so cross.

Bugdug, to be fair, you didn't mention in your post that you had called the police.

I hardly think the people you are criticising were trolling.

Both rendelharris and singalto are regular and respected posters on this forum.

Good on you for what you did, but how were they supposed to know?

Oh come on, Sue. They jumped on me straight away. I only posted my experience, to alert people in a public-spirited way without going into the details. They should have known that any normal person would have also phoned the police. Instead of keeping on thread, they became judgemental, as always. Respected posters my arse. The two of them are always doing this. But thanks for your kudos. I was scared. And only realised how stupid I was in following them afterwards. I think instinct kicks in at the time.

Sorry but I think you are out of order calling them trolls and judgmental f*cks.

They didn't "jump on you".

In fact rendelharris specifically said s/he didn't want to be judgmental.

Why are you trying to make something out of nothing?

They were making a very fair point based on the information which they had.

I understand you have had a probably very frightening experience, but maybe don't take it out on people on here?

ETA: And "the two of them are always doing this" ?!?!

Examples please. I haven't noticed either of them trolling or being judgmental in any way.

Sue. They did jump on me and immediately assumed I didn't call the police. Wrongly. I am not therefore trying to make something out of nothing. I just happened not to give all the details in my first post. Rendall said he did not want to be judgemental, but then was judgemental. I am not taking anything out on people here except to tell the truth to the trolls who are quite clearly trolling. Read their previous posts.

Go to hell, Sue. Well, whatever you trolls want to post, this is what happened in Oglander Road today and also a burglary in Avondale Rise, who the police thought were by the same people an hour previously. Keep safe and ignore the trolls on here who couldn't care less, and who keep arguing the bloody toss. As always happens, you post something public spirited, and then it's hijacked by these ghastly trolls who think it's ok to nit-pick and take your post off-topic. Yuck. Shame on them.

Buddog - your neighbour must be very grateful for your intervention and public spiritedness, which includes putting a warning up here. I like you am amazed that people sprang to (incorrect) judgement, posted it, and in so doing diluted the importance of what actually happened.

Do you actually know what a troll is, buddug?

How is asking whether anybody thought of calling the police, in response to a post about suspicious behaviour where the police were never mentioned, in any way trolling?

It seems like an obvious question to me! And it wasn't directed specifically at you.

Unfortunately it seems that you are determined to be inflammatory on here by calling people names, not them. Maybe read over your own recent posts and consider who has actually taken the thread off topic?

Buddug, leaving aside your offensive remarks which have no justification and say more about you than anything else, your original post went into some detail about how two men wandered up and down the street peering in windows and ringing doorbells for what must have been quite some time before making their break in. You didn't mention anyone calling the police so I simply, politely, asked if the police had been called; as a resident of a nearby road I was concerned at the thought that people could be wandering the area "obviously casing" houses without police being alerted. That's all.

As for your malicious and untrue comments about both myself and others, I hope they just spring from the trauma of what must have been a very unpleasant event for you - in any case I think they're best left unanswered.

The question mark over police involvement could have been put more gently and carefully.

While I don't think the other posters sre trolls at all I think the the tone of the post asking sbout police was unfortunate and can see why the OP was offended, under the circumstances.

Thank you to the OP for alerting us to a horrible experience, it must be extremely unsettling.

first mate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The question mark over police involvement could

> have been put more gently and carefully.

Yes, in retrospect it could have been phrased better; I can only assure buddug that when I said "don't want to be judgemental" that was exactly what I meant. I didn't say "Why didn't you call the police FFS?!" or similar though, which one would have thought I had from the reaction.

Thank you buddug for the heads up on this. I do hope you are ok first and foremost? It must have been a traumatic experience for you, which I think rendalharris has taken into account with their measured responses to you here.

I agree with ed_pete, why the need to escalate it off topic baring in mind the situation being discussed here? Just drop it Sue.

Louisa.

I agree Louisa, the point of this thread is a crime has been committed & potentially will happen again so we all need to be extra vigilant & look out for each other instead of having petty squabbles.

Thank you buddug for calling the police & doing all you could, hope you are ok?

Let's all stick together ED!!!