resurfacing of Peckham Rye Carriageway

solar

Have had a leaflet from Southwark Highways through my door.

Peckham Rye will be resurfaced between St. Aidens Road and Barry Road on 17th & 18th January from 08.00 to 17.00 hours.

Probably best to find another route if possible.

The letter says the road is going to be closed, but it doesn't give alternative routes. I suspect one side of the road will remain open while they work on the other and there will be temporary traffic lights controlling the flow.

Hi all, the road will be closed for two days. Bus route 363 will be diverted via Barry Road and Lordship Lane. 63s will be terminated at Peckham Rye The bus diversion routes are TFLs decision, not good at all for many residents who use these routes. For those at the Southern end of the 63 route (Forest Hill Road), I would suggest walking across the park and picking up a 343/484 or taking a P12 from Brenchley Gardens.

Renata

Trinity, the footpath will be open (according to guy from project who I spoke to on the phone today). Could she use that? He also said that even for residents access will be pretty scarce (that is depending on what stage they're at at any one time they may or may not be able to access driveways with motor vehicles).

Well I'm glad that people who live near there got leaflets through their door. It would of been nice for Southwark Council to advise the 3 schools 2 of them being primary schools..as we didn't know until the 363 came and after getting on the bus an moving off..oh yes we're on diversion..late for school not acceptable..as school is the top of Forest Hill Road. Why couldn't it have been done on the weekend. Sometimes logic just goes out the window..