New Chocolate Shop

Just opened up on Bellenden Road by a lovely French woman. Bought some of the hand made chocolate (made by the lovely lady herself) yesterday and I must say it is delicous. The shop is called The Melange. She is going to do a chocolate making course coming up next week and it is only ?15 AND you get to take home everything you make. I'm keen.

Yes - I was in there yesterday and tried some absolutely divine dark chocolate. The owner was lovely - I really wish them the best of luck.

I do think it's quite brave to open such a shop on Bellenden Road at the present time.... it didn't surprise me to see that Bayberry on Bellenden Road has closed with a notice saying the Landlord has taken possession...

I wish I was free.

Would it be too much to ask if you could find out if they are planning any more courses? ?15.00 is a bargain. I have been on one before at La Maison du Chocolat in Piccadilly and it was around ?50.00 but you did not make anything, just listened and tasted (a very small amout) after the talk - which actually was in French with a translater!

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What is the name of this shop, which sells these

> cakes on a Saturday only?

It is called Let Them Eat Cake. They have a sign outside. Right next door to Casa, the reclamation place. Near junction of Maxted and Bellenden.

I normally only lurk on the forum, but thought would drop a quick note to say I've just been to the chocolate making course at The Melange and had a fabulously messy time making my own chocolates. The owner is lovely and I wish them all the best with the new shop.