Bins not collected - apparently "too heavy"

Rockets

Our green bin has been sitting waiting to be emptied for 9 days and after much back and forth with the council (where they kept promising to empty it) I finally managed to ascertain that the bin crew decided the bin was "too heavy" to empty. The bizarre thing is they moved the bin from the front of our house, put in on the pavement for the lorry to pick it up and only then decided it was too heavy.

The lovely lady at the council I spoke to laughed and said that it was a new excuse by the bin team not to collect a bin - and that she had heard many.

Has anyone else had this?

Meanwhile the bin sits forlornly on the pavement awaiting a collection it's contents slowly rotting and attracting various scavengers, of the vermin type, and depositors, of the fly-tipping type. And we struggle to find somewhere to put our household waste...

Hi rockets,

That is annoying.

How has this happened? They have one person who gets the wheelie bins lined up on the pavement and two different people to load the trucks lifter to empty it and put the bin back on the front path.

Clearly the first thought it was fine and one of the second lot thought it wasn't.

Is it actually heavier than usual?

If it isn't email and I'll escalate.

Don't worry - we are aware of what goes in a green bin/brown bin/blue bin and do our bit! The large majority of our food waste goes down the sink - the rest in the brown bin.

Rotting and generally starting to stink a bit in the bin - cat litter. Vermin can also be attracted to things that smell of food that are not able to be recycled. And I can't vouch for the contents of the bags others left next to the bin!

Council told us to leave it on the pavement until it is collected - which they claimed they would be doing over the course of the last 10 days.