Kwik Fit and Builders Timber Yard (potentially) going

Zelig

Whilst housing is an important requirement for London, I do note with sadness that the same emphasis is not given over to business requirements and the rush to develop brownfield sites can lead to a lose of businesses or the lack of space for new businesses to set up or expand into.

Both need equal weighting as reducing local businesses can result in there being no additionallocal jobs for the increased population.

Hopefully this has been figured into the master plan !

and what with something around 300 high rise buildings planned for London- good luck with reducing air pollution Mr Khan.....we breached EU levels by the end of january so another fine is in the pipeline- still once we are out of the EU we don't have to abide by their rules!!

Or we could invest in housing and infrastructure in other regions to prevent the brain drain to London and the consequent strain on our city as a result. Years of under investment and a wide gap in living standards mean that London continues to grow and outperform every single other region of the UK and whilst we propose to overdevelop our neighbourhoods here, row upon row of good housing stock in Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle remain empty. This country is reaping what it has sewn over decades.

Louisa.

JohnL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The government doesn't intend to match EU funding

> to regions such as Wales (who voted leave).

> So I don't see anything except more disparity.

>

> http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/tories-

> accused-betraying-wales-brexit-12571741

Why did they vote to leave? Perhaps they can take it on the English on Saturday :)

dbboy Wrote:

> where is "Camberwell Station"?

On Camberwell Station Road, about halfway up on the right hand side coming from Camberwell New Road - opposite the open bus park. It's a garage but the building's still intact, as are the two platforms up above.

Louisa Wrote:

> Or we could invest in housing and infrastructure

> in other regions to prevent the brain drain to

> London and the consequent strain on our city as a

> result. Years of under investment and a wide gap

> in living standards mean that London continues to

> grow and outperform every single other region of

> the UK and whilst we propose to overdevelop our

> neighbourhoods here, row upon row of good housing

> stock in Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle

> remain empty. This country is reaping what it has

> sewn over decades.

>

> Louisa.

This is very true.

"The Aylesham Centre Shopping Centre, car park and Bus Garage look set to be redeveloped by Tiger Developments. Plans application expected to be submitted later this year

The multi-storey car park and Peckhamplex area is mentioned for 82 homes ?comprehensive mixed-use redevelopment? included in ?taller buildings?, but with 50 per cent of the site reserved as small business workspace"

So - no buses, no supermarket and no cinema/arts emporium?

How on earth do the planners think the people of peckham go about their daily business??

Why not give a ttal business rates holiday to any business doing something remotely useful, and make up the shortfall by doubling the rates on coffee houses? It seems to me sometimes that the almost the entire economy of London consists of people selling overpriced coffee to each.

On that subject I had the best latte I've had for years in a Portugese deli in Stockwell/Oval borders and it only cost ?1.