Sorry about the forum being down last night and this morning

• Administrator

Every now and then we have to run some maintenance on the forum to keep it healthy, unfortunately last night's expected 2 hours took 12 hours and still didn't finish so I'm going to have to do it again sometime soon.

I do usually try and give notice but a window of opportunity arose last night so I took it. Anyway you may find the forum's running a bit faster and I'm still hoping one day to be able to make it more mobile friendly, it's just finding the time.

Have a nice Friday and don't forget to wrap up as it's getting a bit cold out there.

Ps if you want the forum to run faster for you, go to the home page and click on all the 'reset new posts' link. It will of course reset all the posts so they'll not be 'new' anymore.

I'll admit; I emitted a small "Homer Simpson" type scream on "logging on" and seeing the "red" notice. Once I'd composed myself, I realised how lucky I am to have something like the EDF whenever I want. And you maintain it too, so that I may keep returning to it. So a massive THANK YOU from me too, Mr/s. Administrator. (tu)

Edited to say, perhaps Mr/s. Administrator should close the Forum down more often, if only to raise awareness of how fortunate we all are to have such a wonderful resource. Certainly, as a result of last night's maintenance, I was able to recognise just how much I take this Forum for granted.

• 3 weeks later...