Burglary- please look out

Medusa

Hi. I've been burgled today on Overhill Road. My kids (all about to take GCSEs) have had laptops stolen. I've had lots of Canon (and other makes of) camera equipment stolen. If anyone happens to come across these (a camera and three different lenses) in a boot sale, etc, could you please let me know? I have no insurance and can't afford to replace them.

Oh, and be extra vigilant when you have building work going on. I don't but my neighbours do and they used this opportunity (open gate...) to gain access.

Really sorry to hear about your burglary. I'm in West rather than East Dulwich but there does seem to be a huge increase in burglaries all over these areas recently. I disturbed a burglar in my house at 5.00am 3 weeks ago. His coming up the stairs woke me up. Very very frightening as I live alone but at least he ran off empty-handed. I do hope you might get some of your things back if he/they are caught.

Medusa

Sorry to learn of your misfortune

keep your eyes on the pawn shops, I would go in and maybe ask them to look out

for someone trying to sell them

they can then at least get them on their ctv

I work in the markets and am offered things all the time

never buy, because do not want stolen items

I have a friend who works in a second hand camera store so will ask him to look out, they are pretty strict about the stuff they take in.

It really sucks about what happened, I hope you are able to get over it, am really angry and sad whenever I see one of these threads. Just glad you and your family are OK.

> Thank you. It's a Canon 600D with various lenses, not all Canon but all compatible.

Commiserations.

Do you have the lens and camera serial numbers? Without those or any other cogent evidence, it may not be easy to prove that any items are actually yours. I've looked at a sample 600D photograph online, and fortunately at least the camera's serial number is included in the Exif data.

What the best strategy for use of this data, apart from passing it on to the police, if it's not already on one of the online peoperty databases such as https://www.immobilise.com, I'm not sure. I don't know whether publishing it now would increase your chance of recovering the items, but you could have a look at whatever Immobilise have to say about reporting it via their site.