Royal Mail Sorting Office Closure Meeting..

You may of received a leaflet about this from the Labour Party.

Royal Mail is proposing to close the Sorting Office on Silvester Road in East Dulwich.

This has been on the cards for a while now. If this were to happen East Dulwich residents

would have to travel to central Peckham to pick up undelivered parcels, oversized letters

and Recorded Delivery post.

The meeting will take place at The East Dulwich Community Centre 46-50 Darrell Road, SE22 9NL

on Tuesday 4th April at 7pm.

In attendance will be Helen Hayes, Member of Parliament for Dulwich and West Norwood.

Please come along and share your views on Royal Mails plans.

DulwichFox

Roundabout Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Surely people won?t attend ? If they use e-mail/s

> instead of letters via the Royal Mail service +

> on-line back statements ? etc-etc-etc.

The sorting office always has a queue throughout the day so is a valuable asset to the area.

Mainly for parcels as Pugwash pointed out.

Foxy

And also the queues will surely be massive, as all the East Dulwich people will add on to the existing Peckham parcel collectors.

They are bad enough already at the ED office.

I'll be at the meeting. I have already sent my views via the pre-paid form which was with the information about the meeting.

I find the sorting office very useful for collecting parcels, as I work FT and am in and out over the weekends doing family stuff as are lots of other people.

When I went the other day I was surprised they didn't have a petition or notice about the closure, tho perhaps the workers aren't bothered or have just accepted the decision? Would assume very likely some will be made redundant as a result of the closure.

I have posted back the questionnaire but can't make the meeting unfortunately (tho I fully support Helen - who seems to do very good work locally I might add)...

The workers there were not allowed to talk about the proposals..

It is possible they too were kept very much in the dark about what was going on.

I do not think the meeting will change anything. If the place is closing.. then it's closing.

I suspect there are many property developers dying to get their hands on the site

I still urge people to attend the meeting to show our disapproval of Royal Mail's decision to close this facility.

DulwichFox

Please do come along to the meeting at the Darrell Road Community Centre on Tuesday the 4th of April at 7pm to discuss the proposed closure of the sorting office. Myself and Helen Hayes, our local MP will be there to discuss the issue and listen to local concerns.

Everyone is welcome.

Yours Sincerely

Councillor Charlie Smith

Deputy Mayor of Southwark

East Dulwich Labour Councillor

I will be very sorry to see this go :-(

First it was the post office by Sainsbury's & now it's this (I know the PO just moved but it went to a less convenient location for me so I never use it) Where can I find the questionaire?

ianr Wrote:

> > I have posted back the questionnaire

>

> Whose questionnaire, and how does it arrive?

Mine came through the door with the information about the meeting.

It was from the local Labour party, who have arranged the meeting with Helen Hayes on Tuesday.

But in the latest SE22 magazine, James Barber has also asked people to contact him with their views.

Sue Wrote:

> ianr Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > > I have posted back the questionnaire

> >

> > Whose questionnaire, and how does it arrive?

>

> Mine came through the door with the information

> about the meeting.

>

> It was from the local Labour party, who have

> arranged the meeting with Helen Hayes on Tuesday.

>

> But in the latest SE22 magazine, James Barber has

> also asked people to contact him with their views.

I spoke with James yesterday afternoon. He will be in attendance at the meeting..

Foxy

Fewer buses, crappy train services, no police station, fewer rubbish pickups, broken pavements, soon no parcel pick up point. Is there anything else coming our way on ED? Is the local Gov trying to make ED a completely useless area to live in?

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the meeting last night and haven't received a hard copy yet but I've filled in the survey online. I only live two roads away so count myself extremely lucky to have this resource so close to hand.