Paintings of East Dulwich

gatt4950

I'm in process of doing some - here's a couple of local pubs

jessica-kendrew-the-bishop-web.jpg

jessica-kendrew-the-actress-lores566.jpg

I am planning on doing many more as moved into area a year ago and love it so much I want to paint it. I also do paintings for recipes in the Dulwich Diverter if you ever get a copy of that. I am going to do artist open house one year in the future for sure!

I have a website too if you want to look at anything else. www.jessicakendrew.com

Hope you like my work and thanks for looking.

JBK - real talent, can't wait to see more of your work, keep it up.

A few suggestions, Dulwich College or The Hornimans Museum would make lovely pictures as would the bandstand in the Hornimans or the View from there into London, or the top of Ringmore Rise into London, The top of Canonbie into London on one side and Kent on the other.

Sorry be a bit of a wet blanket, but shouldn't these adverts for paintings be on the trade or sales section?

When I did Open House, I didn't think I could us this section to promote my work I thought that I had to print flyers, for example.

Good luck with sales anyway, the commercial art world is a tough game.

i*Rate I for one think it is nice to see and hear from new artists that I have not come across before. The more the merrier on this board.

Why do people have to be so negative all the time. Share a bit of love. This is a community after all. lets try and support each other.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm working on new ones so will have more on my website and instagram soon! Hopefully I can get a stall on Northcross Road at some point in the future too.

Thanks for the suggestions dbboy, I shall add them to the list!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just thought I'd update this thread - spoke with Jessica Kendrew (JRK) about her paintings and commissioned a really lovely painting which I have just picked up today - we are so pleased with it and Jess was great to deal with and the detail of the painting was very important to her, the work was affordable as well. Hope to see her at the Artists Open House next year!

Thank you so much gatt4950 for the recommendation, I am so glad you love it! More ED pubs and scenes are next on my todo list so may be worth checking my website from time to time.

For anyone else who is interested, as well as bespoke commissions, I now have fine art giclee prints in A3 and A4 available from my online shop of The Actress and The Bishop and will be adding the other pubs as I do them.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me so far and hopefully I'll be organised enough to be at Artist Open House in 2018! If you're on instagram and fancy seeing what I've been up to please follow @jkendrew https://www.instagram.com/jkendrew/?hl=en

• 1 year later...
Another update to this thread. I recently commissioned Jessica Kendrew (JRK) to do a portrait of our house including a detail of our cat - she did an absolutely amazing job and was lovely to work with. We are delighted with the painting and can't recommend her enough.

• 1 year later...

Hi there, since it's been a while and I know there was interest, I wanted to share the latest painting of local pub, The Cherry Tree that I did, some of you may recognise it hopefully. If you like what you see and want to continue feasting your eyes on local hotspots, watering holes and parks, please do have a look at the East Dulwich & SE London tab on my website. https://www.jessicakendrew.com/east-dulwich-surrounding-area

I still take on private commissions including house portraits and baby portraits and sell prints of all of my local work. Do DM me for more info. Thank you for looking!

jessica-kendrew-the-cherry-tree-lores.jpg

We have a Vic Lee of a Lordship Lane from about 15yrs ago, still looks good although all the shops have changed. His art encompasses whole streets with many landmarks if that?s what your after you could ask him if he has and a East a Dulwich available. I believe he did a more up to date one a few years ago. You can see this sort of thing he does here http://www.vicleelondon.co.uk/Vic_Lee_London/VicLee_Print_Shop.html