Burglary on Lordship Lane

My holiday was rudely interrupted by a call from the police last night to say I'd had my front door kicked in. Luckily it looks like they were interrupted or the alarm put them off but the door and frame are completely smashed in. This is just a heads up to anyone living around the Heber Road part of Lordship Lane to be vigilant. The police have secured the door but I'll need to get it sorted when I get back - if you have had a similar experience do you have any recommendations for someone to do the door?

Sorry to hear, hope it doesn't spoil your trip too much.

http://www.rockdoor.com roughly 1300-1500 installed. We have one and they're very tough and police approved.

Or if you have a bit more cash these are extraordinary, we inherited one at the last place we lived:

http://high-security-doors.co.uk About 4-5k installed

The critical thing is to avoid wooden doors or anything PVC where the whole thing isn't a single mould.

Sorry to hear about this tfwsoll - hope you can enjoy the rest of your hols now your property is secure.

I also agree about leaflets left sticking out of doors - this drives me insane as it's a huge sign announcing empty properties. The Safer Neighbourhoods leaflet was recently left sticking out of my letterbox, sent round to let us know there had been a break in on our road! Unbelievable!

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I heard a piece on the radio the day I left warning people about opportunistic burglaries over the Easter period - I have a monitored alarm so thought it would lower the risk but clearly not.

tfwsoll Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My holiday was rudely interrupted by a call from

> the police last night to say I'd had my front door

> kicked in. Luckily it looks like they were

> interrupted or the alarm put them off but the door

> and frame are completely smashed in. This is just

> a heads up to anyone living around the Heber Road

> part of Lordship Lane to be vigilant. The police

> have secured the comparateur assurance chat door but I'll need to get it

> sorted when I get back - if you have had a similar

> experience do you have any recommendations for

> someone to do the door?

Hello!

I'want to restore my house and i need to find the best shop which has the best price!

Thanks!

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wonder if the crims have scouts out looking for

> people going away?

They certainly have, in my opinion.

My wife responded to a person who rang our bell on Wednesday. Male, white, middle-aged. He said he had spoken to her husband ( ie me) about supplying and spreading compost at ?4 per bin-full. My dear wife knows me well enough to know that I do ALL our garden work and DIY and would never pay anyone to do anything - apart from excavating a basement. I also make my own compost. All very sus!

Also, about once every couple of months we get someone who approaches our front door, then pause, have a look around and then retreat. This is, I reckon they have spotted our CCTV camera. Cameras and PIR switched lights are a great deterrant!